2011-09-14 | Upper East

Tags: , , ,

Cashmere products, high level, fashion, in the universe of Vuiton, Hugo & Victor, Yves Saint Laurent, great quality cashmere, unclassic shapes, original models, for woman & man.

Credits: Le Goff & Gabarra

8 Comments to “2011-09-14 | Upper East”

Heinrich
Sep 16, 2011 at 2:52 am

Nice concept but it’s completely let down by the “e” not being integrated properly into the “U”. Some more refinement is needed.

boxerdude
Sep 16, 2011 at 2:55 am

seems like an initial idea that would have hit the napkin but been discarded during development. very bush league in my opinion.

bluescue
Sep 16, 2011 at 3:13 am

Clean and pristine. I just cant take my eyes off the letter U and letter e not lining up. Seems a bit off. Still nice though.

Peter E
Sep 16, 2011 at 3:26 am

I agree with Boxerdude. This looks like a quick first thought in the development of a logo. No symmetry, no elegance, nothing about the business, basically just an e plunked on top of a U. Poor.

gabarra
Sep 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm

@heinrick : in fact my point of view was to work on this combinaison between the U and the e cause if you have a look on the website http://www.uppereastcachemire.fr, they sell cashmere and the idea was : make a classy logotype like vuitton or hugo and victor, talking aboout knit with subtility, and be different, so i took the times italic to be classy, i made a monogram with it, not to have a perfect balance but a kind of movement, and to see the future not the past. i undestand the critics here, but before giving a good or bad comment, please consider the website, the universe of the company and tell me about, i did not wanted to be “in” or “hip” just to be with my time and classy. please, if you didn’t knew about the company, could you say the logo just been created ? i don’t think so, cause we are making logotypes going throw time, dateless… (sorry for my english, i do not pratcice it a lot) ;) thanks to “logoOfTheDay for the publication ;) !!!!

gabarra
Sep 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

@bluescue : thanks, in fact i really wanted this kind of “outgrowth”, cause it is fine knit and delicate handmade stuff, my interest was on that particular shape. i searched many typos but the times was the best one and in italic, it was perfect, what was hard, was to give a certain elantis at this monogram.i think i got it, i am surprised by the comments but i understand “hip” graphic designers will hate this kind of “old classy, intemporel” logos. cya

gabarra
Sep 16, 2011 at 2:58 pm

@Peter E : man, i am sorry to read such a comment ;(
“poor” is tough, simple is what i wanted.

Nassor Kalombola
Sep 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm

A very nice idea but the “e” just spoiled the party.