2011-03-04 | NYSRA

The New York State Restaurant Association, founded in 1935, is the leading business association for the restaurant and hospitality industry in New York State. Comprised of more than 56,000 restaurants, bars, clubs, New York restaurants represent more than 628,000 employees and sales of approximately $27 billion – making it the cornerstone of the economy, career opportunities and community involvement.
Along with the New York State Restaurant Association and New York State Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, NYSRA and its chapters work to represent, educate and promote the rapidly growing hospitality industry.

Credits: C&G Partners

7 Comments to “2011-03-04 | NYSRA”

Ariel
Mar 4, 2011 at 9:36 pm

too bulky for me… and don´t understand the color scheme at all…

Joe
Mar 5, 2011 at 1:41 am

Ariel, I have had a look through the site and I have to say that you don’t seem to have very many positive opinions. Perhaps if you don’t like the logo, you could try offering some constructive feedback on how you would like to see it improved?

And perhaps we could see a link to some of your work – I would love to see the standard that we are all being judged against.

Truth Hurts
Mar 5, 2011 at 4:32 am

Ariel is a bitch! That logo is pretty decent.

Craig
Mar 7, 2011 at 5:11 am

Why is there no name as part of the logo – do people have to guess who it represents?

I also think the colour choice is inappropriate as green is a colour that doesn’t sit well with food/restaurants – warm colours have a better association.

For a simple idea it feels quite cluttered. At least there’s a knife, fork and spoon to give a clue about the industry it is for.

Shannon
Mar 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Yes I agree with Craig, reds and oranges would represent this industry more so then the greens.

I first saw some sort of cross between cutlery and a clock?

Hugo
Mar 16, 2011 at 7:56 am

Happy someone saw a clock too! i think its suppose to be a plate though. but the angled gradient also gives off the idea of a clock hand turning, to me at least.

that put aside i actually like it – Shrug*

goatman
May 5, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I love the colours and simple design of this. Represents excatly what the food industry needs, Fresh Simple Happy.
L-O-V-E I-T !!!