2010-11-01 | Centro Y Sur

Centro Y Sur is a digital travel and lifestyle magazine for Latin American enthusiasts.

The mark contains a Centro Y Sur (CYS) monogram, with plane forming the ‘Y’. The plane is seen aching over a globe, heading towards the Southern hemisphere. A geometric sunbeam motif can also be seen in the outer rings, echoing the abundant artistic applications employed by the Mayans & Aztecs.

Credits: Michael Spitz

9 Comments to “2010-11-01 | Centro Y Sur”

Wille New Media
Nov 1, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Sorry, i can’t help it.. the plane’s wings and the C+S in combination with the stylized globe make it a madly smirking smilie to me!

Michael Spitz
Nov 1, 2010 at 7:28 pm

@Wille New Media – Take a look at a few Aztec calendar designs… What you’re seeing might actually be a pretty interesting match ;)

Jonathan
Nov 2, 2010 at 12:12 am

Beautiful!

Wille New Media
Nov 2, 2010 at 4:09 am

Michael, unfortunately i don’t have any at hand, where did your inspiration come from?
I don’t say i dislike it, you know? I just instantly had this smirking face in mind and at least, there are other logos of yours, i much more like, be it the Bottle Rocket upstart, or the Brewing Buzz and the PYRE ones.

Ariel Ferro
Nov 2, 2010 at 7:27 am

I only see a scary face smiling to me! The rest of the elements are irrelevant, including text.

palmerchambers
Nov 2, 2010 at 8:26 am

Sorry, I don’t see the “smirking smile” at all. I really like this – including the color! Typeface is nice, too.

Michael Spitz
Nov 3, 2010 at 1:09 pm

@Jonathan / palmerchambers – Thanks a bunch guys!

@Wille New Media – Thanks for thoughts Kay, and of course no offense taken. To be honest, I saw the same thing a number of times while I was working with it…but I thematically it seemed to play into the overall concept I was working with. Again if you were familiar with some of the Aztec art I was referring to, that might give you a better idea of what I was drawing from… Good examples would be something like > THIS & THIS

As for your comments on my other designs, it’s definitely appreciated.

@Ariel Ferro – Ha! Thanks all the same > hope it gave you a chuckle ;)

Logo Guru
Nov 4, 2010 at 11:32 pm

don’t let them bother you Michael Spitz, there just critics, don’t know anything.

Jose