2010-05-01 | Litro

Litro gas / petrol station.

How can you succeed in the über-competitive European service station market? Powerful brands crave our attention on European highways. Our challenge was to create an attractive brand to compete in the cut-throat market of gasoline distribution.

A clean slate is always a great place to start. And that was precisely our approach to this issue, a re-definition of the service station. Together, with our client Rompetrol (Romania’s challenger to incumbent Petrom) and Eight Inc. architects we have rethought the service station. The answer is Litro, a concept as simple and compelling as its name.

See it in use here.

Credits: Saffron

8 Comments to “2010-05-01 | Litro”

Mark
May 1, 2010 at 6:33 pm

I think it is a great design that goes beyond the idea of a logo and transcends into a brand. The pics of the station really show that there is great unity in the design of the service station and the design of the logo.

Lamah
May 1, 2010 at 10:11 pm

The version presented here is too difficult to read, but it looks great on the gasoline station.

Antrex
May 2, 2010 at 12:43 am

great, but agree with Lamah, the one presented here is too blurry. I like the artwork on the magazine a lot.

Jonny
May 2, 2010 at 11:02 am

Got to be honest, I can’t see this reproducing well.

Adamo
May 2, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I’m 50/50 on this. Not a huge fan of this logo as a graphic – concept is fine, but why the gradient on the text? It seems unnecessary and inconsistent, considering how the mark has been used on the petrol stations (which is excellent btw!). Does the text gradient change as well? In the magazine and video, the gradient is coming from the bottom, but the main mark it comes from the top.

The logo and text seem disconnected, they both work well on there own but when together it just looks awkward and forced.

The execution of the brand throughout the stations is fantastic. Very sleek and professional. I doubt you would have any trouble turning motorists heads with it. However success in driving them in will inevitably depend on how competitive the company is with price an quality.

Fidan
May 3, 2010 at 12:22 pm

The concept is fine IMO. It’s the gradient and the blur that ruins it for me. I would have kept it clean and simple. Black & white with only a touch of white on the drop in the form of a shine just to give it a 3D look. The way it’s done, it gives me the impression it’s been done by an amateur… No offence to the author and his creativity ;)

Ariel
May 3, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Too many different logo options -depending if they are stamped, printed, etc- but that’s not a prob for a big co. The one here is a web 2.0 cliché

Maceron
May 6, 2010 at 6:37 am

sorry, the visibility of this logo is totally out!! Though nowadays many logo is in this kinda execution but this one is so not solid!! I get the idea but the execution killed it dude…R.I.P.