2010-03-11 | Environmental Israel

Main Environmental Institute of Israel. Concept based on the relationship between the community, the forest and the city. See in use here.

Credits: Daniel Eber, Anna Lovsky, Asaf Issacaroff

16 Comments to “2010-03-11 | Environmental Israel”

Rick
Mar 11, 2010 at 8:34 pm

This particular trend is worn pretty thin.

Natalie
Mar 11, 2010 at 8:49 pm

I find it a bit messy and unoriginal.

Deano
Mar 11, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Yin & yang shalom tryptic clipart montage. I think a simpler solution might have worked better. This seems to be more of a graphic than a logo, but It seems to work well on its various application & web site. That Mr Cass always keeps ya on your toes with these logos.

Jason
Mar 11, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I don’t mind it. But I would say it’s a device more than a logo. It has to be used large to retain the detail so it doesn’t end up looking like some amorphous blob. So it really fails on the ’scalable’ factor.

JG
Mar 11, 2010 at 10:34 pm

To many “objects” in the ying yang shapes thus resulting in a busy mess. The concept is good but as Natalie and Rick pointed out this style is getting old. Keep up the work Mate

-JG

Arron Lock
Mar 11, 2010 at 11:18 pm

I tend to agree with most of the other commenters. This isn’t very original and how would it look at a postage stamp size? Would you even be able to tell what the images are?

Steve
Mar 11, 2010 at 11:25 pm

I would agree. No focal point or visual path to follow. This will also be difficult to translate onto different media due to the detail. I can appreciate the effort though.

Douglas Bonneville
Mar 11, 2010 at 11:36 pm

While the success depends on context for a logo that is so complex, I think it does a great job communicating the complexity of nature. It sure made me stop and think. Love the colors too.

Maciej Szylke
Mar 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

Unilever did that in a very creative and professional way. Comparing these two makes me say “no” to this one above.

Uzma
Mar 12, 2010 at 2:07 am

Would be more appropriate for ’society for confused people’

Soniya
Mar 12, 2010 at 2:12 am

how to submit my work….and show to my logos which I created….

leo
Mar 12, 2010 at 2:37 am

for me, creating a logo is about paring an image down to it’s most basic form that still relays the company’s vision….and this logo definitely does not do that…in fact, they’ve done the complete opposite and added as much as possible to project their message. Arron Lock is right: what will it look like when reduced to a postage stamp size. This logo won’t last for very long when they realise it’s limitations.

lindsbry
Mar 12, 2010 at 9:16 am

Not enough contrast in the colours… too blendy.

Bobbi
Mar 12, 2010 at 9:42 am

I think this is a horrible design, because of the lack of research! The design of the 3 swirling “yin-yang”-like shapes into 1 is a common symbol in the BDSM community. I don’t recall what it symbolizes, but it could really cause some bad connotations.

Some people should do research about similar shapes and designs before they create a logo.

Mizantrop
Mar 12, 2010 at 11:58 am

I think this never meant to be used in postage stamp size, look at the uses on the website. The colors blend into one and are three at the same time, this is the whole idea (and these are the colors of KKL – the client). Great work guys!

Deano
Mar 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm

interesting shape – these peeps use the same shape in a high-tech look: https://www.pom8.com