2010-02-03 | Accident & Emergency

Tags: , , , ,

The logo was designed for a design team, Andrew and Eoian, the used their initials to come up with the name “Accident & Emergancy”, then asked me to develop the logo as logo design wasn’t their area of expertise. The “A”, “&” and “E” are all incoporated in the logo and they were over the moon about the logo design.

Credits: Boxed Mango – Adam McGowan

15 Comments to “2010-02-03 | Accident & Emergency”

Sean Farrell
Feb 3, 2010 at 12:50 pm

I’m not really a fan. In my opinion, the logo doesn’t communicate anything about Accident or Emergency. It looks more like a wedding monogram.

I guess if the client wanted a monogram logo then you nailed it though..

Rahul - Web Guru
Feb 3, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Very creative and conceptual too.

caty
Feb 3, 2010 at 1:22 pm

personally it looks good as typework, but it lacks the concept, as mr. farrell puts it. the name reminds me too much of patrick wolf’s song… accident and emergency!!

Darlene
Feb 3, 2010 at 3:00 pm

For me, it doesn’t capture the medical A&E industry. Too posh – it does look like a monogram.

MrSunnyZ
Feb 3, 2010 at 3:04 pm

With all due respect – this is not my cup of tea. All I see is a tilted big ampersand (sure you can say that signifies partnership), not A & E – well, simply type a big “&” in almost any font and you can say there is an “a” and an “e” in there already. That little tweaking is far not enough to make it a good logo (even though the client is satisfied).

Adam
Feb 3, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I looked a bit harder and can see an ‘a’ an ‘&’ and a letter ‘e’… Very clever

Craig
Feb 3, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I really like this logo, I didn’t see all the letters at first, but once I did I thought it was clever. I like that about good logos, the thought and the reward for looking into it.

I think it’s simple and clever, nice work.

Adamo
Feb 3, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I’m not much of a fan.

This feels like a ‘design for design-sake’ mark. Being a grapho I do find appreciation in it because of the way you have crafted letters in symbols, etc.

But all-in-all this logo lacks any substance. Without a decent rationale, your hidden initials are shot, its just a tilted ampersand to the rest of the world. I know nothing of you, your services or even your company name.

Brad
Feb 3, 2010 at 8:25 pm

The client was over the moon? You mean high? If I didn’t already know it was an A and an E, I would not have spotted it right away. It just looks like an ampersand or something to do with music. You can also spot a D, an F, a P and a C if you keep trying to look for other letters. Perhaps the name Accident and Emergency needs to be incorporated in a good font. Standing alone, I don’t think the logo works. Not too keen on the colors either, sorry.

Vidit Kothari
Feb 4, 2010 at 2:05 am

I think its good, creative but need correction.

The symbol clearly represents “a” in “accident” and it also represents ‘road crossing’ (where accident is most probable) at both junctures.

But I think the designer should have added centered “white dashed lines” to visualize it as a road.

Aslam A Memon
Feb 4, 2010 at 2:30 am

its quite a creative logo but at the same time its quite hard to get the ‘a’ and ‘e’ at first

its a ok ok logo for me which is very well executed :)

Dave Gilligan
Feb 4, 2010 at 11:51 am

Too smart and it lacks clarity.

It takes too long to decode. Unprompted would anyone even consider the mark as an “A” “&” “E” or would they look at it see a titled “&” and not question it any further than that. After all a lot of people are visually lazy.

Sounds like a brave client, which is great but maybe they have been sold a herring.

Blue Cuevas
Feb 4, 2010 at 9:26 pm

it’s a simple and clean design but the ‘a’, ‘&’ and ‘e’ look a bit too forced into the concept. To a selected few, the concept is clear, but to most, it just looks like a distorted italicized zmpersand.

Kudos to the designer and client for being brave.

Daniel Berumen
Feb 4, 2010 at 11:44 pm

The background doesn’t do justice. I would drop it completely.

QF
Feb 7, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Conceptually similar to this: https://www.kmprssn.com/work/myronZabol.html