2009-09-10 | Turnkey Studios

Tags: , , , ,

Turnkey (website & branding in redevelopment) is one of the top-quality recording studios here in Edmonton, AB. The aim was to have a clear, simple & flexible logo that ensures the viewer knows that Turnkey Studios is a recording studio, as opposed to a salon or art studio. The symbol is a stylistic take on the universal ‘play’ button, which has direction correlation to sound & audio. The angles of the typeface (Helvetica Nueue) bring the typeface & symbol together, and give it a modern & professional appearance.”

Creidts: Jeff Archibald

12 Comments to “2009-09-10 | Turnkey Studios”

Mike Puglielli
Sep 10, 2009 at 4:22 pm

I get the idea of what’s going on here…but I’m not so sure I like the logo by itself though it is certainly an improvement from they already have. I think it is the turnkey text that bothers me…Good style.

Abounding Media
Sep 10, 2009 at 5:19 pm

I’m struggling with this one a bit too. I generally like the concept, but there is something throwing it off for me. Maybe it’s that text with the missing portion of the K. It’s too much and not enough at the same time.

Efe Buyuran
Sep 10, 2009 at 7:09 pm

I think the studios text in the bottom seems to be missing something I can’t name.

Rhian
Sep 10, 2009 at 7:59 pm

I think the way letter “k” looks, makes the design look too busy. Either one will be enough, K shape or the round object with the triangle inside. I hope that makes sense. English is not my first language

Eric Blair
Sep 10, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I like the idea of the NK combo, but it read as “turkey” to me at first glance.

Jessica
Sep 10, 2009 at 11:35 pm

I think it might have been interesting to make the right-hand part of the K mimic the play button, but flipped, like this: <

Chris
Sep 10, 2009 at 11:54 pm

I have seen the N and K combined this way too many times to like this logo – it’s not original.

Jamie
Sep 11, 2009 at 1:50 am

Don’t think its bad, but personally I think there’s too much tracking going on in the ’studios’ text. Perhaps the symbol would look more like a play button if it was filled in??

Rahul - Web Guru
Sep 11, 2009 at 3:36 am

A definitely a positive attitude logo. I like it.

sapna
Sep 16, 2009 at 10:01 pm

u can do something else as its a common idea

[...] Recently a friend of mine, Randor, came to me for a logo redesign. He runs an Edmonton-based recording studio called Turnkey Studios (website updating in progress), and their current logo was one he wasn’t fully happy with. Long story short, the previous logo was designed prior to Randor buying out the studio – and now that he was the sole owner, he felt that the logo didn’t properly reflect the new direction of Turnkey.  Thus, he needed a redesign and he came back to Paper Leaf (thanks Randor)! We ended up designing him a logo that won Logo of the Day! [...]