2009-09-03 | Gel’s Kitchen

“The logo is primarily for a food blog with a strong focus on baking to be later expanded into a food and book range. “Food on my mind” was what the logo was meant to achieve. The logo was also required to have a whimsy, carefree spirit with a touch of Parisian chic and glamor.  It appeals to women whether they are self-confessed foodies, chefs or simply girls with an obsession for pretty, feminine things. The boys like it because it is pretty to look at and everyone adores sweet things!”

Credits: Sneh Roy

16 Comments to “2009-09-03 | Gel’s Kitchen”

Dee
Sep 4, 2009 at 1:00 am

I do like it. But I don’t really think “food on my mind” when I look at it. More like, “food in my hair”. But it is pretty. :)

Alex
Sep 4, 2009 at 5:27 am

Too busy for my liking.

Daniela Zeckua
Sep 4, 2009 at 6:33 am

I think that it doesn´t works like a logo, because it´s very complex. I don´t think that it works well in small size, and black & white.

Sneh Roy
Sep 4, 2009 at 8:31 am

Thanks for your comments guys.

Daniela – The silhouette is actually pretty recognizable and works in black and white. The complexity is gone in two colors though.

Chris
Sep 4, 2009 at 10:39 am

FYI – The link to the website is coming up as a reported attack site for me, though I clicked through that. 8)

It is a nice illustration, certainly. As for as a logo, I’m not so sure. The typeface is quite nice and certainly fits the demographic and subject. I agree with Dee, I just see food in the hair, not on the mind. Is the food on the site always featuring cupcakes? I’m not sure what to think about the lack of the rest of the face. It certainly simplifies it, though. The head is quite heavy compared to the logotype as well, almost losing the type below.

So, IMO, looks nice, excellent work, I like the illustration in the header and could be nice in marketing materials (business card, etc) but seems a bit much for the logo itself.

Sneh Roy
Sep 4, 2009 at 10:58 am

Thanks for the comments Chris.

Sorry about the website. My blog was hacked into last night and we are trying to fix that with Google right now.

nomi
Sep 4, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Yes, I guess this illustration is pretty cool. It could be a featured on their website but not as logo.

Rhian
Sep 10, 2009 at 8:05 pm

I love the illustration! But food and hair, hmmm, not very appealing, makes me think that I will get hair in the cupcake.
The typeface is not very clear. The K in kitchen reads like B, ouch. May be it is only me.

Logo Inspiration
Sep 11, 2009 at 1:28 am

I think its a little busy, but still respect for a ‘complex’ design.

[...] – Gel’s Kitchen [...]

[...] – Gel’s Kitchen [...]

[...] – Gel’s Kitchen [...]

40??????? | Jackchen Design 1984
Oct 14, 2009 at 3:30 am

[...] nose creature – Dream marketing – ED’s Electric – 101 princess St – SLV – devia – Families – Gel’s Kitchen – isource – Homespun Chili – Mi [...]

Jason Schwartz
Nov 4, 2009 at 8:14 am

This logo is gorgeous. Great colors, great illustration. Wonder what the interior space looks like.

Great logo!

40??????? – ??? ????
Nov 16, 2009 at 2:50 pm

JR Fleming
Feb 2, 2010 at 1:35 am

I didn’t get the ‘food on my mind’ concept when I looked at it, but I did instantly get the feel of the blog. Very pretty, very fun, though I think it could do with fewer cupcakes, or be simplified in some other way…thumbs up overall.