2009-06-15 | WebMonster

Tags: , , , ,

“The logo was made for a danish artist wanting a simple logo people would remember and still have the creative ability to change in it each year. The logo is kept simple and minimalistic yet recognisable with an original icon (W+M melted into one letter/icon) plus the ability to work with the logo color/style etc. without changing the identity (ex. creating a 2009 logo in blue and change it to a orange logo in 2010).” See in use here.

Designer: Morten Sørdahl Nielsen

8 Comments to “2009-06-15 | WebMonster”

Callum Chapman
Jun 15, 2009 at 10:31 pm

I like this one!

anon
Jun 15, 2009 at 11:14 pm

yay.. nice one..
I like the really subtle gradient kind of shinnyness look – and normally I don’t like that stuff. nicely spaced too… lovely
obviously it would need the full name incorporated somehow into it in some uses – but it would almost be a shame to ruin such a perfect mark with that… actually, just opened up the link and saw it with the name incorporated too.. nice also.
such a simple simple idea that many have tried/done before… but there is something unique about this…

Aslam A Memon
Jun 16, 2009 at 12:10 am

good one, i agree wid everything tht anon just said

Jun 16, 2009 at 12:54 am

I have a hard time seing the W+M combinaison… but I do see a gigantic reptilian eye staring at me, which fits the “moster” part of the logo’s name.

so we could say I love it for the wrong reasons.

Alex
Jun 16, 2009 at 12:58 am

I see the W/M and monster claws. Nice.

SuperDave4eva
Jun 17, 2009 at 2:27 am

Simple, clean and nice…

Art Provocateur
Aug 11, 2009 at 3:08 pm

mmm not too sure about this one, i don’t see anything “monster” about it, and the big blocks, just like that, are a little bland.
frankly, it looks a little too corporate for an artist’s logo…

Glenna
Jul 2, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I like the icon. It’s not difficult to see the W and the M, and the thick lines say “monster.” However, in looking at the logo and the type together, I think the typeface is too far from the icon and too bland.