2009-04-17 | Share Our Strength

Share Our Strength® is a national organization that works hard to make sure no kid in America grows up hungry.”

Designer: Share Our Strength

18 Comments to “2009-04-17 | Share Our Strength”

Dan
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:13 am

By no means a logo expert, but whenever I see an apple, I think “knowledge” – so I’m not sure I think “strength” when i see this.

I do love the design, however – so simple

EJSchultz
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:15 am

Nor sure about the strength aspect either – I do like the negative space work here and the eaten apple. I don’t get sharing from the image either.

Paul Randall
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:16 am

@dan I agree, it is a little sombre.

An interesting concept, but I think a ’stronger’ logo would better represent the company name.

I prefer the version with the text below the logo (see website). It does improve the look.

freddie du plessis
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:25 am

brilliant! sharing comes from the two faces in the apple. strength? not sure, but the logo fits the business beautifully. wow!

Rodrigo
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:31 am

I can see some of the sharing from the two faces looking at each other like freddie said before. But I must say that the logo as it is here (without the text) looses much of it’s ’strength’ which is definitely added by the typography and color changes.

so… good logo, but as a whole, not in pieces :)

Torrie Foster
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:57 am

I don’t know if I like this…

LaRossa
Apr 17, 2009 at 2:23 am

I don’t get it in a glance. Also, the faces create an image of an apple core, and half eaten apples don’t equal strength.

om ipit
Apr 17, 2009 at 2:56 am

just wanna say : UNIQUE

:-)

Jason
Apr 17, 2009 at 3:25 am

I actually don’t think the message of “strength” is necessarily the right name for the company – and that, more than the logo, is the problem. The logo very much represents what the company does, i.e. shares food with people. So the logo identity seems more on target with the brand than does the name.

If you gotta go with the strength name, maybe the faces should be cutting into spinach.

SuperDave4eva
Apr 17, 2009 at 3:57 am

I love when negative space is used in logo design, so in that respect this logo is quite beautiful. That having been said, I would have to agree with some of the comments above though that the name of the organization doesn’t really fit. If the name of the organization was ‘Feed the Children’ or something like that, it would be a much stronger brand.

brian
Apr 17, 2009 at 3:57 am

a logo does not have to be a ideogram of the name of the company, its a perfect logo! It embodies what the company stands for… sharing food. FOOD not STRENGTH,

yes that is the name of the company, you can not be strong with out food… its the way it works.

you have a face of a child and a face of an adult, the adult is sharing his strength and food with the child, how does that not work?

Nikhil
Apr 17, 2009 at 5:15 am

I like the logo.

I think that the apple is for making sure no kid in America grows up hungry not for the strength.
And if no one is hungry in the country then automatically it will result in the strength.

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:42 am

hey, it’s another of those lovely faces/vases design!

This one works but like many people already said, it would work better for knowledge than strength

Love it thou

Mike Barrit
Apr 23, 2009 at 6:04 am

the apple is for food. share our strength is a campaign against child hunger. and kids are usually into apples as a food, as well as the health benefits of apples.

come on, if you’re going to critique at least go to the website of the brand and see what theyre all about and what the strategy was.

Eric Herboso
May 9, 2009 at 8:32 am

This is just a quick note to let you guys know who the designer was, since you have it listed as ‘unknown’. Though a collaborative effort, the design was done by my dept over at Share Our Strength.

Thanks for all the great comments over it, whether good or bad. (c;

javier
Sep 30, 2009 at 11:55 am

not better than the classic apple one

amal
Nov 2, 2009 at 12:05 am

coooooooooooooooooool logoooo

boxerdude
Jan 4, 2011 at 7:18 pm

There’s a lot of comments here I agree with. Predominantly, that the logo serves the purpose far better than the name does. Very difficult to illustrate “Share our Strength” when at the end of the day the program is about feeding kids. I think the designer did as best they could with a project that didn’t take visuals into consideration before the concept was developed.