2009-03-18 | Advanced House

Tags: , ,

“Advanced House is a mix of coffee shop, cigar store, and wine store in são paulo, Brazil. The enclosure A brings the aroma idea presented in all products, as well the A client connotation.”

Can be seen in use here.

Designer:  Guilherme Sebastiany

16 Comments to “2009-03-18 | Advanced House”

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:04 am

it looks good but I don’t think it’s telling anything

Dominic
Mar 18, 2009 at 12:11 am

once again a logo that doesn’t communicate a clear message… and some of the letters seem to be wrong… some of the lines dont fit… check the S and E at the end…

AjMWD
Mar 18, 2009 at 12:18 am

Reminds me of the Wordpress logo, which I like for Wordpress, but probably shouldn’t be used for other identities as well. I also agree that I do not have any idea what this would be for?

Paul Randall
Mar 18, 2009 at 12:31 am

I agree on all those points. It seems ‘nearly’ there, both in the logo and font.

Some of the curves in the logo look a little forced, and not as flowing as maybe they should.

Kyle Gallant
Mar 18, 2009 at 12:35 am

I took a look at it in action, and I do have to agree that it’s not as strong as it could be.

Just skimming over the blurb I thought it was just for coffee, and I could see this on a package of coffee ground in a store.

Fili Campos
Mar 18, 2009 at 1:00 am

The “A” reminds me of the “A” in the art institute logo

EJSchultz
Mar 18, 2009 at 1:02 am

I agree with DChuck – looks good, but it is not selling me anything

alex villegas
Mar 18, 2009 at 1:15 am

Not all logos should “tell” you something in a literal sense. If you need to see an actual cigar or a coffee cup for you to consider this a good logo, then you have a very reductionist view of visual communications.

Communication happens at different levels; some rational, some more subtle, some even subconscious. If you don’t agree with this then perhaps all of you also think that color, for instance, has no communicative properties.

It’s a good logo and I very clearly see the representation of aroma and smoke. Perhaps more elegantly that most of you would like.

nhDesign
Mar 18, 2009 at 1:41 am

I have to agree and also disagree.

From the standpoint of simplicity and reduction/scale, I think it is just about as good a design as I’ve seen. I think the key limitation has to do with the fact that “Advanced House” does not say coffee, cigar or wine. Overall, I like the type treatment and I think the mark is almost there.

The primary limitation has to do with the name, I think (which is not the designer’s choice).

Austen
Mar 18, 2009 at 1:59 am

I do like this logo, but I think it could be tweaked a little more. The swoosh of the A/circle enclosure looks a little like a nose to me, but I think the idea of aroma could be more strongly emphasized with a little more attention to spacing.

Further, I have to agree with nhDesign that the limitation is partly to do with the name, but I think the logo has the possibility to overcome this.

Metal_Link
Mar 18, 2009 at 2:07 am

Meh, I think it’s a great logo for who the target market of that business is for. Those people are probably very sophisticated and as such, the logo does a great job conveying that vision of the business. It doesn’t need silly little cigar or wine icons.

But perhaps you some of you guys would like some cheese with your whine?

Ryan
Mar 18, 2009 at 3:02 am

SuperDave4eva
Mar 18, 2009 at 3:17 am

I think the mark as a design is quite beautiful. Does anyone else see a spade in the bottom of the letter ‘a’? That having been said, I agree with the comments above that the logo’s design does little to convey what the business it represents is/does.

Habs
Mar 18, 2009 at 6:47 am

dchuck (first comment) to be fair, some of the most famous logos.. McDonalds… its just an ‘M’ but yet so significant… it doesn’t always have to tell you what the company does.

KrazyCeltic
Mar 18, 2009 at 7:00 am

The swoosh in the A communicates to me the trailing wisp of cigar smoke and the swirl on the surface of a latte. The main questionable point for me is the typeface of the Advanced House text.

Lambros
Mar 19, 2009 at 1:22 am

memorable logo with a style! mbravo Sebastiany!