2009-03-14 | Burnt Finger BBQ

Tags: , ,

Burnt Finger BBQ is a competitive barbecue team based in Kansas City, MO.

Designer: Matt Palmateer

15 Comments to “2009-03-14 | Burnt Finger BBQ”

Kristin Andrews
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:10 am

I think the choice of red is spot on for the BBQ. Of course, the fingerprint pig is unique and appropriate. Really well done.

kaaliss
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:12 am

very recognizable, just by the logo you know what you’re about to experience, nice logo.
now if i wanna be a lil’ annoying, i think it needs a little adjustements of the space between the 3 blocks of letters, making the “Q” the same size as the “BB” would do it, and would avoid it to be closer to the “ER” than the “BB” is to the “FIN”.

Mar 14, 2009 at 12:25 am

Hum!! BBQ Sauce.

nice color for the wording, like I said, BBQ sauce is the first thing that came to my mind when I looked at it.
I’d give more importance to the pig, not much but still a little more importance.
Appart from that, good work!

Conor
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:34 am

Can’t really fault this one :) Looks good. That fingerprint pig is very original. One thing I don’t like is the bit of grungy effect on the left side of the BBQ. Looks like a piece missing :)

David P Crawford
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:39 am

The logo is nice. However, the name of the company doesn’t sound appetizing at all.

Julie
Mar 14, 2009 at 1:04 am

I agree. The name doesn’t sound appealing at all. However, I think the logo was well executed and would work well as black and white. The fingerprint pig is a clever idea.

Chris Gedrim
Mar 14, 2009 at 1:18 am

@david & @julie the name doesn’t need to sound appetising, it says in the description:

“Burnt Finger BBQ is a competitive barbecue team”

I love the logo, perfect for printing on t-shirts, aprons et al.

ESchultz
Mar 14, 2009 at 2:38 am

I like this one a lot. I agree the pig can be a bit larger, but that’s a nit…

KrazyCeltic
Mar 14, 2009 at 3:17 am

Perfect logo for representing the company name and what they do. I want to eat there!

Lisa
Mar 14, 2009 at 3:39 am

As a southern girl who loves her BBQ challenge I know these team logos tend to morph into the same look. This logo is original, simple to reproduce and refreshingly different. It is a little bottom heavy for my tastes but I love the over all concept.

Michael
Mar 14, 2009 at 6:38 am

Excellent choice of color, texture and concept for the mark. Well done sir.

James Hsu
Mar 14, 2009 at 9:43 am

Very inspiring. Clever, and very well executed.

rafael armstrong
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Love the hog, the colors, the “dirtiness” of the type. I’m a ‘cue lover, and this definitely says to me “barbecue so good you won’t want to wait ’till it cools a little to eat it” (and you’ll end up burning your fingers in the process).
Now I’m craving some ribs. Darn.

SuperDave4eva
Mar 16, 2009 at 3:34 am

I think the fingerprint pig is very clever, but I agree with Lisa that the overall design is a bit bottom heavy.

Brian Cassidy
Mar 26, 2009 at 9:09 am

I really like this logo. Like everyone has said the red is perfect and the finger print pig is very clever and original.