2009-03-09 | Montagna

Tags: , ,

Snowboarding products manufacturer. Montagana is Italian for mountain, the logo symbolizes the end of a snowboard and the summits of mountains.

Designer: James Mason

14 Comments to “2009-03-09 | Montagna”

Rahul
Mar 9, 2009 at 12:53 am

Nice logo. Quite unique one.

Perry Jones
Mar 9, 2009 at 6:40 am

Clean and clever design capturing the flight of a snow board well

QF
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:21 am

And?

Neil MacDonald
Mar 9, 2009 at 10:58 am

Nice job James! I love the colour selections!

ESchultz
Mar 9, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Interesting logo – don’t know how “snowboard” it is (being a boarder myself), but it a nice mark!

HindmarshDesign
Mar 9, 2009 at 4:04 pm

I’d have to see this in context, becasue at this stage, i’m not really liking it. Font is a bit techno & i’m not sure the mark is communicating the description as well as it could.

DottyP
Mar 9, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Excellent connectivity with the product. Distinctive colours and the way it moves in the same way as the sport makes it memorable and commercially relevant.

Loren
Mar 9, 2009 at 9:13 pm

I’m gonna have to disagree with this one. It’s a nice logo, but that’s it. It just doesn’t say snowboarding to me at all. I’m all for marks that move away from the standard trendy look that the boarding market has, but being a boarder myself, I can say that this one is just scaring away the market.

It reminds me of companies known for their skis that also did snowboards a while back. A lot of them felt like skis trying to be “extreme” (Rossignol, Salomon). The mark just feels to corporate, and the text to techno or futuristic like it’s being forced. (Sorry if this sounds harsh but I think you have to be straight forward when critiquing logos.)

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:12 am

I’m getting a hellfire and brimstone smell as the fiery horses of the apocalypse’s four horsemen are galloping near, leaving smoldering and charred trails on the soil!

eh, it makes me think of a hoof trail. and with the color pattern, it’s like a fiery hoof!

Conor
Mar 10, 2009 at 12:40 am

I like the type, not too sure about the hoof though :)

SuperDave4eva
Mar 10, 2009 at 6:24 am

I really don’t get mountains or snowboarding out of this at all… and I live in the mountains and snowboard quite frequently.

Also, if you are going to have all caps, why have the first ‘M’ and ‘S’ larger… reminds me of the font used when you have to take a vision test. “Could you please read line two….”

DottyP
Mar 10, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Great logo. Unusual use of colour and movement makes it commercially relevant to the product.

KrazyCeltic
Mar 13, 2009 at 7:41 am

DChuck seems to be on the same track as me on this one. The colors and shape of the non-textual portions of the logo say fire, flame, and hurtling comet. Quite the opposite of snow, ice, and fun! That being said, I like the colors, shape, and font–just more for perhaps a charcoal briquette manufacturer.

Dan B.
Mar 17, 2009 at 7:30 am

Sorry, not a fan of this one. Is that “Bank Gothic” used for the font? Ya gotta look beyond system fonts for a logo…especially a young, energetic product like snowboards. I’m just not seeing mts. and snowboard either…