2009-03-08 | Toblerone

Ever noticed the hidden bear and fish inside the Toblerone logo?

Designer: Unknown

21 Comments to “2009-03-08 | Toblerone”

rafael armstrong
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:36 am

Clever approach. I had never noticed the bear (my Toblerone exposure comes mostly through Joey on “Friends”). However, I’m seeing the “fish” as the bear’s left hind quarter.

fini
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:47 am

Never noticed it before, but now ALL I can see is the bear!

Marnie B
Mar 8, 2009 at 1:03 am

Anyone know if the bear and fish are deliberate? Would love to hear something from either the designer or Toblerone on this.

Richard Gray
Mar 8, 2009 at 1:04 am

hard to know if they are intentional or the effect of serendipity. Like looking at clouds and seeing forms…

Rahul
Mar 8, 2009 at 3:27 am

Yes, I’d known about the bear recently. Thanks for my friends on twitter.

Nix
Mar 8, 2009 at 3:53 am

The bear is deliberate. It comes from the weapon-of-arms for the city Toblerone originates from. Don’t know about the fish, I don’t think that is intended, as Switzerland has no coastal line.

Marnie B
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:31 pm

You know, after a closer look I think we’ll all find the fish is not a fish, but is the bear’s other leg. :)

ESchultz
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:54 pm

it’s a bear and of course it is deliberate – that is like asking if the arrow in the Fed Ex logo is deliberate.

Jon Bergan
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:57 pm

It may be deliberate but you have to wonder how many people will actually notice it especially when it’s reduced in size and on the side of a Toblerone packet.

I know when I get my Toblerone, I just want to eat the chocolate! :D

Lambros
Mar 8, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Wow i never notice the bear!! but i still cant see the fish…

Snerdey
Mar 8, 2009 at 11:48 pm

That’s an very unique idea and I saw the bear right away but I’m not sure I would have if not told ;)

I see the fish.. crazy stuff!

miro
Mar 9, 2009 at 3:50 am

I can’t believe I never noticed that in the Toblerone Logo. I have to agree with Marnie B about the Bear’s other leg and not a fish.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:08 am

I’m with Marnie, it’s not a fish it’s the second leg of the bear.

But I actually noticed it right before reading the description. Which put me to shame because I’m a toblerone fan.

Still this is more visible when upscaled. hard to see on the chocolate bar wrapping itself.

Conor
Mar 10, 2009 at 12:44 am

I didn’t realise the fish is actually the bears left leg. He has a small left arm too in that case. The small part between his mouth and his right arm… See it? :)

SuperDave4eva
Mar 10, 2009 at 5:36 am

Never noticed the bear before, but I love it’s use in this design!

Camille
Mar 10, 2009 at 6:29 am

Didn’t notice them until now. Neat!

Aman
Mar 19, 2009 at 1:03 pm

i don’t know about the bear v. fish thing. It is probably the leg of the bear but why isn’t attach to the hole body? to make it look more 3d? btw I ve never noticed that either and I am from Switzerland and see that logo probably 10 times a day :P

crazywabbit
Mar 20, 2009 at 12:33 am

not crazy about it, the mountain looks more like an ant hill, also looks like other things but will stop at that.

Lisa
Mar 20, 2009 at 2:52 am

I never noticed the bear before but when I receive a box a Toblerone I get tunnel vision and it’s one of the few packages I don’t stop to appreciate. :) I think the fish is subjective. I would love to see the original coat of arms logo to compare… anyone know where to find it online?

Katie
Aug 8, 2009 at 3:01 am

I see the bear, too. But please forgive me – there in the right I see a Ku-Klux-Klan’s cap.

john