2009-02-18 | Tiffiney Photography

Photography studio specialising in weddings and babies. In use here on Tiffiney Photography.

Designer: Ashley Jankowski

20 Comments to “2009-02-18 | Tiffiney Photography”

Euan
Feb 18, 2009 at 12:36 am

thats nice!

Kristin Andrews
Feb 18, 2009 at 12:39 am

Love the concept, “From engagement to birth.” Executed in a clever way and gets the message across.

Dominic
Feb 18, 2009 at 12:59 am

Good job :) communicates the message in a simple way.

Tiffiney
Feb 18, 2009 at 1:07 am

I’m in love with this logo that Ashley created for my studio. Not only do I like the simple, clear message, but it is so easily used throughout my marketing materials. To me this defines a good logo, ease of use/versatility!

QF
Feb 18, 2009 at 1:12 am

A nice idea, but I don’t think this is a good execution. Either the typeface should be more cartoony or the illustration should be more elegant and stately. Right now it doesn’t feel cohesive.

Tiffiney
Feb 18, 2009 at 1:29 am

the type was per my request. i didn’t want “scripty”, and definitely not cartoony.

Chich
Feb 18, 2009 at 1:50 am

I agree with QF, it feels unfinished to me, and I think the the ring and the pacifier could somehow tie into a camera lens? OR camera related?

Patrick P
Feb 18, 2009 at 2:07 am

Now there’s something nice! It makes sense, is useful without color and could be understood with out text. Good job Tiffany! (I still wish there was at least one sentence as to why they picked it)

Kristin Andrews
Feb 18, 2009 at 2:26 am

Chich, my fear is that had anything else been added, the nature of the logo would have been compromised. I think oftentimes, many people overlook that less is more. Generally, effective logos are simple and don’t need further clarification — something I could work on.

rafael
Feb 18, 2009 at 2:37 am

First off, I love that you’ve captured, in one image, what it is your photography business is about (babies & wedings). After visiting the site, I walked away with an upscale-y vibe (personally, also a good thing). However, this, coupled with the use of the light blue on the logo (clearly a play off the “Tiffiney”/Tiffany’s pronunciations) served to underscore QF’s observation of the casual feel of the illo.
I would suggest refining the illo further to bring its feel up to the same level of sophistication (rather than “dumbing down” everything else) as the rest of the logo.

QF
Feb 18, 2009 at 3:31 am

Tiffiney,
And that’s fine, but the cartoonish illustration doesn’t fit with it. Getting rid of the reflection on the pacifier and the shine off the ring would be a good start.

Jamie
Feb 18, 2009 at 8:54 am

I love it! Very clever, and nicely executed. :)

…and for what it’s worth, I don’t think the illustration is “cartoony” at all.

TinkerbelleVI
Feb 18, 2009 at 8:51 pm

I like this logo a lot. The only thing that throws me slightly is the reflection on the pacifier, but nothing on the ring which to me, makes it look a little flat (the ring that is).

Overall, I think it is clear, straight to the point, and professional. Great logo!

Jessica
Feb 19, 2009 at 12:36 am

I love the simplicity of this logo and the fact that it doesn’t look like so many other photographer logos out there that rely on an arbitrary design element like a swirl or flourish to make it interesting. I’m also somewhat biased because it has some similarities to my own logo. :-)

Tiffiney
Feb 19, 2009 at 12:50 am

jamie – totally agree. jessica – agree too. looking at it from a photog’s perspective, that’s what i loved about it too. no swirl or flourish, not trendy.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:02 am

Great idea and well executed. I don’t think that without changing the whole style it could have been made better

ACP
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:05 pm

I love this! Great way to incorporate the scope of your photography and to suggest that you want to become their photographer for life…not just for their wedding. Too bad I didn’t think of that, haha! :-)

Kevin Burr
Feb 23, 2009 at 1:28 am

The mark is iconic, not cartoony. I think this is very nice and well thought out. Only thing I might have changed is a slightly heavier weighted font for ‘Tiffiney’ to balance out the design.

Chung Dha
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:36 pm

It does not look like a logo for a photographer. Would fit a shop or mall that is for the ladies for buying baby things,clothing and jewelry.

SuperDave4eva
Feb 24, 2009 at 10:14 am

I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it either. I do think it works nicely on her website though which is a plus in my book.