2012-07-19 | Microsoft Office

The new Microsoft Office.

Credits: Microsoft

9 Comments to “2012-07-19 | Microsoft Office”

António Pinto
Jul 19, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Well I gotta love the Microsoft new style (starting on Windows 8 logo), it’s modern, simple and it’s smart enough to be basic.

Like this one, just not really sure if regular home users will like the new image… I see so many people still loving complex and colorful logos… :)

Freedom Studios
Jul 20, 2012 at 1:45 am

I must agree with António, I definitely think that Microsoft is finally getting a bit of understanding when it comes to design. I like the fact that they are simplifying their branding. I am not sure that this logo will be instantly recognizable as a successor to the previous Office logos, but a good change none-the-less.

Michael King
Jul 23, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I, too, am all for simple, basic, and uncluttered. But this one is simplistic, with no apparent effort to integrate the symbol with the word. And what is the symbol supposed to represent?

António Pinto
Jul 23, 2012 at 4:48 pm

@Michael
For me it looks like a door? A door inside a box? A door to go outside the box? A door to an office?

I might miss something, but the more I look the more like a door it looks to me.

Like I said before, lacks something but I like it.

Peter E
Jul 24, 2012 at 3:53 pm

“Think inside the box?” This logo just doesn’t pop out at me – it’s not memorable.

Javier
Aug 7, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Really !! I’m still trying to find something special in this logo

Berrry Website Builder
Aug 8, 2012 at 2:34 am

I think it is a big step up from their previous more complicated logo and can see it fitting in with their new branding direction. I don’t think it is particularly special though.

Tim B
Nov 6, 2013 at 8:42 am

I’m not sure about the ligature. I think the “ffi” needed special treatment, but was this it? I think the designer could have separated the two “f” shapes somehow.

And I have no idea what the shape might represent.

Luciano
Aug 11, 2014 at 6:38 am

Is like a symbol of the cubicle where MS people spend their lives working…