2012-05-30 | Perplexity Pictures

Tags: , ,

Perplexity Pictures is an independent production company based out of Denver, Colorado dedicated to creating fictional films alongside doing commercial work infused with story and deeply embedded truths. The logo is for the company identity representing the essence of what the company is all about.

Credits: George Kotelnikov

8 Comments to “2012-05-30 | Perplexity Pictures”

Lynn Schwebach
May 30, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Even though the use of puzzle pieces is cliche, I do like this logo – especially given the name perplexity and using the orange color on the puzzle piece and the word perplexity. I maybe would have made the puzzle piece a bit more abstract or bent – like a wave effect. Overall, I like it.

Berrry Website Builder
May 31, 2012 at 1:53 am

I think this is a great logo. I do agree with Lynn about the puzzle piece being a little overused and mostly abused, but I think that these guys have got it right. Great work indeed.

George Kotelnikov
May 31, 2012 at 3:38 pm

@Lynn Schwebach – I appreciate your comments. I do agree about infusing a more interesting perspective to the shape, like a wave or a bent paper of some sort.

@Berrry – Thanks for your words. The challenge of the cliché was to use it in a non-cliché way.

Lynn Schwebach
May 31, 2012 at 3:53 pm

@George – I posted this to my Facebook page this morning and received an interesting comment back. The person thought I said “Lego” and not “Logo.” But he said a Lego piece is a piece of a puzzle. Just another interesting idea to use a lego piece or two lego pieces connected in a creative to get across the idea of “perplexity.” Just a thought! (not sure about copyright issues, however)

George Kotelnikov
May 31, 2012 at 3:59 pm

@Lynn – That IS interesting. I hadn’t thought of that. I wonder if there are any legal precautions there. Thanks for the thought! :)

Graham
Jun 2, 2012 at 4:52 am

I think that this is great work – well done George.

George Kotelnikov
Jun 2, 2012 at 4:11 pm

@Graham – Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

[...] Interestingly enough, the logo came together nicely, even following the rules of grid-based design. I went on to submit the logo to Logo Of The Day and to my surprise, the Perplexity logo was picked and featured on the website! [...]