2012-03-20 | Incognito

Tags: ,

Incognito Interior Design

Credits: A Side Studio

9 Comments to “2012-03-20 | Incognito”

Jeffrey M
Mar 21, 2012 at 6:40 am

With all sincere due respect to the designer, this “Incognito” typographic logo just doesn’t do it for me – the thing is simply too unreadable. I’m not even sure that if I’d been told what the word said, that I would’ve ever figured it out. For me, I think what kills it is the “closure” of the “n” and “c” and the hood over the “t”. I’m not sure what they look like in the finished product, but to my eye, I really don’t see an n, c or t, the added closures simply add confusion. Sorry.

Martin
Mar 21, 2012 at 11:51 am

I am in agreement with Jeffrey M.

hollister
Mar 22, 2012 at 4:08 am

Peter E
Mar 22, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I agree. I like the idea and the font style, but it’s too cryptic.

Jeffrey M
Mar 22, 2012 at 1:04 pm

My point exactly. I think it looks more like a collection of shapes, rather than a title with a customized typeface.

Jay G B
Mar 23, 2012 at 9:28 am

I didn’t like this logo at first glance either. Then I thought about it. Go to the website and look at their products and tell me the logo doesn’t at least suit the company image. The lettering being “incognito” also suits. It’s instantly recognizable. You’ll always recognize this logo from now on. So what’s the problem? A lot of logos are just symbols and you can’t read those. Maybe people would like this logo better if it were just a light, easy-to-read, sans serif font with a pair of sun glasses on.

Mike
Mar 28, 2012 at 1:35 am

I agreed with Jeffrey M about the logo looking like a meaningless jumble of shapes but then, having read Jay G B’s reply I thought I’d better go and check the INCOGNITO website out and see how the logo fitted with their brand…

OMG… possibly the most shockingly bad website I’ve ever seen. Seriously.

The logo adds nothing to design or brand and just looks a mess at the top of the page – they need to fire their designer and get a refund. Seriously. That website will add no value to that business, it’s a disgrace: but I digress.

Back on topic, I wish I could go back and rate the logo 1 star instead of 2.

Freedom Studios
Mar 29, 2012 at 2:01 am

I must agree with the others on this one. The type is pretty weird. I think that the ‘C’ is the main culprit for killing the logo. The rest of the letters are somewhat decipherable but not so great.

Heidi Zaymyer
Mar 30, 2014 at 10:45 am

I like this logo. After all, doesn’t the word incognito mean to be undercover and not noticeable.