2011-06-30 | CampLuxe

Tags: , ,

Discovering a niche in the market place for an online retailer to offer ‘glampers‘ a one-stop-shop for high quality, luxury outdoor equipment and camping products, the aptly named CampLuxe was born.

Opting for a modern and uncomplicated approach, the CampLuxe logo incorporates basic geometric shapes to create a pictogram of a mountain/tent below a sun/moon. To complement this sophisticated mark, a series of supporting pictograms, sporting a similar style of illustration were created to help promote the diverse range of available products.

Credits: Koodoz

10 Comments to “2011-06-30 | CampLuxe”

Brad
Jun 30, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I would prefer it without the mark. The A tent in the logotype would have been clever enough. I keep seeing a green, one-eyed, sad-faced animal… possibly a baby seal that has been clubbed.

Deb
Jun 30, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I agree with Brad. First thing I saw was a sad face. Love the name and store concept though.

boxerdude
Jun 30, 2011 at 9:10 pm

haha i didn’t see the sad face at first until i read the comments – and now that’s ALL i can see. i also would like it without the mark. and even though for sure it’s been done – you could get away with with either “camp” or “luxe” being that green.

Graham
Jul 1, 2011 at 1:47 am

I like it. The logo is nice and clean and I think will appeal to the target market.

Kieran Given
Jul 1, 2011 at 5:54 am

I also see a sad face at first glance. I agree with Brad about dropping the mark and accentuating the V on the name… perhaps the ‘V’ could’ve been given a color treatment and folks would “Get it”. It’s currently too busy… and simplifying it would give it more clarity and appeal as the eye would be let to that “one thing”.

marta
Jul 1, 2011 at 4:19 pm

yeah, this reminds me of sad face…

Designer
Jul 8, 2011 at 1:01 am

This is a well crafted clear logo design. Like @boxerdude I can’t stop seeing a sad face now.

Samuel Guebo
Jul 8, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Nice logo..easy to remember but since you guys mentioned it i can’t stop seeing a sad face..

Marios Georgiades
Jul 11, 2011 at 4:54 am

I kind of agree with you guys about the sad face, even though just the tent would be cliche I think. I would rather the tent a bit bigger and the circle a bit smaller and closer so you can forget about the face.. I do see a sad face at the moment though.

Peter
Aug 23, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Camp tent and moon? If anything, I see a sad face with a missing eye. I don’t feel the outdoors in this at all.