2011-06-16 | Justice Gardens

Tags: , ,

“Justice Gardens is a grass-roots organization who’s mission is to ensure that the sustainable agriculture movement reaches under-served communities, lower income families, and at-risk youth. Simply put, to expand the boundaries of who gets the “good stuff.” By involving everyone from the backyard gardener to the large orchards and farms, Justice Gardens serves as an opportunity to direct the freshest produce to the people who can least afford it and often need it most.

“Hands in the dirt…veggies on plates” is their battle cry as well as the inspiration for this logo.” See in use.

Credits: Jeremy Slagle

8 Comments to “2011-06-16 | Justice Gardens”

Jenn Steinhauer
Jun 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I like it! Clever, clean, appropriate. The only thing I have troubles with is the color of “justice gardens” is a bit hard to read. I’d have probably used the green instead of yellow.

Gary Chew
Jun 16, 2011 at 9:44 pm

look nice, just a thought, why fork instead of gardening Cultivators & Hooks?

Jennae
Jun 17, 2011 at 6:24 am

I second what Jenn said. I love the icon, but the text feels a bit like an afterthought. In use, the icon really shines, though!

Brand Brothers
Jun 17, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Love the icon, good work!

Graham
Jun 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I really love this logo. I think it is refreshing and inspiring. It works well for what it is designed for – great work to the designer.

Mirus Group
Jun 23, 2011 at 9:15 am

This is a very clever and original logo that anyone will be able to remember. These types of logo’s are “sticky” and will always be recognizable.

Designer
Jun 27, 2011 at 5:09 am

This is a lovely design although I thought this logo was for a restaurant.

Paul d'Aoust
Sep 7, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Very effective; I instantly recognised why you used a fork as soon as I saw the name ‘Justice Gardens’. Before I even clicked through to the description, I made the judgment that this organisation must deal with issues of food access and security, perhaps for low-income people or something. Bravo!

I do agree with Jenn, however — the colour of the text gets a bit lost. Maybe green would work; maybe brown to make it look like soil — although it already is a five-colour design, and the brown wouldn’t reference any of the colours in the tree.