2011-05-24 | Surofi

Tags: , ,

Rebranding of a 65-year-old visual identity. SUROFI was founded 24 July 1945, and is the second largest sales organization in the whitefish sector in Norway. SUROFI have a monopoly on all first sales of white fish and shellfish in his district, which is the western part of Norway. A significant simplification of an old venerable logo. More about the logo and identity project online here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/SUROFI-Visual-IdentityConceptual-branding/663999

Credits: Tom Emil Olsen

11 Comments to “2011-05-24 | Surofi”

Max
May 25, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I love this logo. The fish hook, perfect. The type, lovely. Well done and easily brandable across all media.

Craig Reynolds
May 25, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I like the fish hook, but I am not liking the type very much.

Lakeside Technologies
May 25, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Not bad at all…

boxerdude
May 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm

@craig i think the typeface design was chosen to give the appearance of bent metal to support the fish hook on the U. i think it works great.

Craig Reynolds
May 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm

@boxerdude I see what you are saying and I can definitely see that. But the problem is I don’t see it attracting its target audience. Also the idea of the fish hook is great, but generally a fish hook is a lot more curved and doesn’t look like bent metal. The idea was great, but the execution just wasn’t there.

Anthony C
May 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I don’t care for this at all. Feels like some kind of fancy restaurant. Its too upscale for what they do and sell. Also, fish hook is very cliche and gives off that its been overused. Typeface doesn’t makes me feel sales at all, I agree with the person who said it doesn’t appeal to its target audience. To be honest, this logo feels like something my college classmates would easily come up with for a class project 6.5/10

Graham
May 26, 2011 at 2:52 am

I really like this logo. It is clean and simple. The typface is great and the subtle use of the hook in the U is great. Well done to the designer.

boxerdude
May 26, 2011 at 11:47 am

@anthony – too upscale for what they do? it’s a sales and marketing consortium. what should their logo be? a cartoon? also, who exactly do you think this logo doesn’t speak to? who do you perceive their market to be?

i think you missed the mark on this one.

Gary Chew
May 27, 2011 at 1:26 am

I love the whole branding! i love the logo too, its simple and nice. @anthony maybe you are right, maybe everyone can came out with the same logo, but who cares, he got the client and the client love his logo :)
it just like nike logo, everyone can think of it, but yet, we are not the one who created it.

boxerdude
May 28, 2011 at 2:18 pm

@gary – very true. i hear this a lot when it comes to modern art as well. people will look at something on a wall in gallery and say “i could have done that”… yeah well you didn’t. they did.

Anthony Lane
May 29, 2011 at 9:30 pm

@Anthony C – I agree with you 0%. You can’t and shouldn’t judge a logo based off just the logo itself. You need to see how it’s appropriated with the branding, and how it works as a system. Furthermore, how is the use of a fishhook cliche? Is that something you’ve determined? Even if it is (which I don’t think it is, as I only know of maybe one other brand that incorporates a fish hook), this one is used in such a subtle and effective way it negates whether or not it’s cliche.

@Craig Reynolds “But the problem is I don’t see it attracting its target audience”

You’re determining this how?