2011-05-12 | Olives

Olives restaurant at Kerzner International Mazagan Resort, Morocco. See in use.

Credits: Sunshinegun

9 Comments to “2011-05-12 | Olives”

stefan
May 12, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I see more melted chocolate than olives :) but it still looks nice overall

Graham
May 13, 2011 at 3:06 am

This one surely is original. I do however agree with Stefan, it doesn’t really resemple olives to me.

Heinrich
May 13, 2011 at 3:42 am

I can see why everyone thinks chocolate, maybe if the colour was a mustard gold? You’d maybe think olive oil? I see balsamic vinegar at the moment!

It’s a great logo but the colours need sorting out, unless it’s black olives you’re trying to get across?…still thinking balsamic vinegar though.

kerrie
May 13, 2011 at 4:56 am

Excellent Logo, love it! When viewing it in use (check out the link above), it does not evoke chocolate, and is spot on for the project brief.

Designer
May 13, 2011 at 7:24 am

This is a poorly executed copy of the Dish magazine logo (www.dish.co.nz). It looks like a free display font.

boxerdude
May 13, 2011 at 12:23 pm

i don’t see it as a copy of the dish magazine logo in the slightest. they’re trying to achieve completely different things. other than colour, that’s where the similarity ends.

for a one-off restaurant, i think it’s fine. for a franchise brand, i think it falls short and would likely end up being re-interpreted to achieving mass market success.

Designer
May 14, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Have you seen the Dish logo? Apart from one saying Dish and the other Olives they are identical in form and concept (with the exception that Dish has been produced well).

Martin
May 16, 2011 at 11:44 am

I don’t think it looks like “dish.” The dish logo is a cursive script font. After looking at this logo in use, I still think it looks like melted something. If there was a hole in the “O” positioned at the top right (indicating a pitted olive) and just a slightly less melted look, I think it would have hit the nail on the head.

Craig
May 17, 2011 at 1:43 am

Agree – this is very similar to Dish. I doubt it is a copy, just a coincidence.