2011-02-17 | Bowbari

Tags: , , , ,

Bowbari, an upscale boutique. The logo is supposed to resemble a Bow and Arrow. The client was looking for something that was easy to read and memorable. As for the logo itself, they wanted something that looked simple and sleek; something similar to that of the Chanel or Tory Burch logo.

Credits: Emir Alili

10 Comments to “2011-02-17 | Bowbari”

nvolvedesign
Feb 17, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I do think its clean but not memorable. It might be too simple. Maybe if it was a bit sharper looking? that would maybe help it become a bit more memorable?

Thomas Dale
Feb 17, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Perhaps thinning out the left-side of the “B” and arch it a little bit so it looks more like a string being pulled back?

Shannon
Feb 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm

graphic is great, simple!
Type choice/size.. doesn’t allow that flow your eye needs. Don’t know what to look at first.

Adamo
Feb 17, 2011 at 9:23 pm

What is the relevance of the bow and arrow? Does Bowbari mean something in particular?

WilleNewMedia
Feb 18, 2011 at 2:24 am

Looks great!

@Thomas Dale: Sorry, this is exactly what it looks like to me. The RIGHT side of the bow is bent inside to the left, like it is pulled back.
Actually, it gives me a perfect bow feeling when looking at it. Good job, Emir!
The only thing i’d criticize is the arrow, which, to me, looks a bit too much like Wingdings or any other arrow “Dingbat” font. Had wished to have it look a little more sketched/stylized.

MrSpijker
Feb 18, 2011 at 4:17 am

The bow and arrow apeared visible after I red about it.
Anyhow, nice logo, font fits and i love the ‘triangular’ composition.

It’s OK

Wolly
Feb 18, 2011 at 5:02 am

I think it a brilliant mark. I can see it printed on anything. Sometimes the critics on LOTD need to lighten up a bit. If it was a well-known designer who created this, I don’t think people would be as tough.

Graham
Feb 18, 2011 at 5:56 am

Interesting concept. Clean and simple – great work.

FDuarte
Feb 18, 2011 at 6:37 am

Well, like MrSpijker, I only saw the bow and arrow after read the description. If a logo needs a explanation to make sense, there’s something wrong… And I agree that the bow’s string is kind odd.

Vectory Belle
Feb 23, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I think this is great.Simple and recognizable :)