2011-01-01 | Sugar Land Doula

Tags: , , , ,

A logo for a doula service in Sugar Land, TX. A birth doula is a person trained and experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after childbirth. The client wanted to have a logo that communicates her company tag line: Giving Your Baby a Sweet Beginning. I wanted to depict a doula giving a care to the mother and her baby is a sweet way without using cliché symbols. I took a fluid letter S and tweaked it to be a stylized woman shape holding a heart that represents a baby/loved one. The woman in the logo could be seen as a mother or a doula as well.

Credits: Inka Mathew

7 Comments to “2011-01-01 | Sugar Land Doula”

Graham
Jan 3, 2011 at 4:58 am

I like the softness the logo portrays – nice work.

Ariel
Jan 3, 2011 at 8:29 am

Nice and memorable, I like it, The S shape wrapping the heart is damn good

Inka Mathew
Jan 3, 2011 at 11:30 am

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it.

Chris Lane
Jan 3, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I really like this one. Great shape, emphasizing the pregnant mother or a doula maybe hugging. The expression (and heart) really show the love and care that a Doula can provide. Well done.

boxerdude
Jan 4, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I actually didn’t know what a Doula was before reading the brief. I think this sets a perfect tone for the services of the client. Soft, clean, and approachable. Had I been approached to do it, I’m not sure I would have accepted the gig. I don’t think I could communicate the nature of the services in the way it’s been done here. Great work.

bob
Dec 22, 2011 at 9:14 am

it’s not nice at all..
what the hell is this.. do you all call that a nice logo?
than for the heart .. it doesn’t match with the curve of the s .. look ridicules .. its like i have put it as a final non professional touch… sorry inka .. but it’s not a logo

Marria
Jan 9, 2017 at 6:23 am

Thanks for providing such information.I know the pregnancy time is really a difficult stage and definitely we need some extra help. There are trained doulas Oahu who offer postpartum for the new mommies. Check out more information http://www.shinebirthservices.com