2010-10-22 | Chicken Cilantro

The Chicken Cilantro logo was developed to help promote the launch of new Chicken Cilantro dishes that were added to the menu for Tin Star Taco Bar. Tin Star Taco Bar is a fast-casual restaurant concept that offers gourmet tacos and traditional entrees with a flavorful twist. The recipe for this logo was to visually call attention to the two main ingredients of these new dishes in a unique and casual style. The execution had to be simple enough to work with multiple dishes and versatile enough to be applied to many promotional elements. The end result is a clever and unforgettable icon of a chicken and cilantro leaf that perfectly communicate the marriage of the two flavors. See more.

Credits: Ray E. Gallegos and Robert Soto

7 Comments to “2010-10-22 | Chicken Cilantro”

CareBear
Oct 22, 2010 at 12:02 pm

That’s some yummy design.

MrSunnyZ
Oct 22, 2010 at 1:55 pm

My first reaction was wondering why so many cockscombs, then I thought moose antlers maybe, then after reading the title and descriptions and a second look, it did have a wow effect. Lesson for myself – judging a logo out of context doesn’t do any good.

Bryan
Oct 22, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Context really matters with this one. When I saw Jacob’s post on Facebook and thus the small thumbnail I was huh, what is it? It doesn’t work at that size. Then I load on this site and I’m like WOW, that is some very clever work, I love this. It gets a 5 from me, very inspired, simple but not overly so.

Jeremy
Oct 23, 2010 at 2:03 am

Meh, I wouldn’t say clever. Unique, in a way. But my first reaction to it was it’s a seaweed chicken lagoon monster. Nice effort, though.

Mixed Media Marketing
Oct 27, 2010 at 8:11 am

It does indeed look like a seaweed chicken monster, but it’s still pretty cool.

Robin Solis
Jan 9, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Agree with MMM and Jeremy. But MrSunnyZ has obviously never really seen cilantro…outside of what’s in his burritos.

Paul d'Aoust
Sep 7, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Creeeeeeeeeeeeepy! I’ll definitely never forget it!