2010-09-29 | Lumo

Tags: ,

“This logo is my personal brand for which I provide web, print and brand services. I wanted a strong logo that was versatile and able to be used in all areas of my business which also includes SEO and Web Hosting. The logo is made up for three rings symbolizing web, print, brand. The target like shape represents focusing on a concept or getting to the core of a concept or idea. The mark also had to give reference to light often reflected with creativity. Orange was used to bring out a glow in Lumo. This design works because it incorporates every service I provide into a single mark.”

Credits: James Waldner

8 Comments to “2010-09-29 | Lumo”

Eric
Sep 30, 2010 at 7:29 am

While the logo is clean, it is not very exciting and from the explanation, I do not see it conveying anything that it is intended to. There is a bank here where I live that uses a similar mark and that was the first think I thought of when I saw it.

puratura
Sep 30, 2010 at 9:34 am

Yes, I also thought of a Bank… may be because it looks like Chase Bank logo?

Keane
Sep 30, 2010 at 10:27 am

The mark resembles PLDT’s logo. Would have also thought it’s a bank’s logo.

Ariel Ferro
Sep 30, 2010 at 10:52 am

Too many messages… too many topics… no way man, this logo could be anything but strong, so, there’s no message at all, just a cute design

James Waldner
Sep 30, 2010 at 7:00 pm

The logo was not designed to scream the subject matter and does not have to show directly what it represents. The explanations were simply meant to show my thought process as I was designing it and why it’s executed like it is. I was going for a strong logo that had personal significance for the different areas of my work.

Anthony Lane
Oct 1, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Could the above chumps please post links to their portfolios. Thanks…

Claire
Oct 2, 2010 at 9:06 am

I LOVE this logo. I disagree with the top 4 posts. If a logo is always completely obvious it takes away from the viewer think process. I good logo is simplified and I believe this logo simplifies exactly what James is representing, and does it well.

I agree with Anthony, some people should take a look at James website/portfolio and compare it to their own… he is a talented and noteworthy designer.

Stefan
Oct 2, 2010 at 8:44 pm

The subtle complexity in the design makes it far from a banks logo I would say, however one could dispute the fact that it resembles a coin perhaps?? otherwise however given your explanation I think it accomplishes the brief pretty accurately, nicely done overall ;)