2010-08-18 | PID

Tags: , , , ,

“This is my own logo, for my small design studio called Pia Isaksen Design. I am a graphic designer and illustrator working in Oslo, Norway. I do visual identities, design & illustration for all kinds of print material and some web design. The logo is used on my homepage, portfolio, business cards, buttons etc.” The concept behind the logo is that Pia Isaksen Design is about visual communication.

The logo is based on the initials P.I.D., but at the same time has the shape of a simple communication process: the sender – the message – and the reciever. The P and D also resembles speech bubbles and enhances this. The entire logo is made from basic graphic shapes and states strong visual form. Together the logo symbolizes visual communication.

Credits: Pia Isaksen

18 Comments to “2010-08-18 | PID”

Bjorn Heisterkamp
Aug 19, 2010 at 9:19 am

Please Inform Allah?

Carlos
Aug 19, 2010 at 9:38 am

I would remove that mirror effect at the bottom, otherwise nice job!

ivan
Aug 19, 2010 at 9:48 am

I like it! But am I the only one who reads pid?

Paco
Aug 19, 2010 at 10:28 am

It is PID, read the description. Someone must’ve had a typo in the title. =)

Rachel
Aug 19, 2010 at 10:32 am

I read PIA. Which is kind of cool, because you could read it either way and it works as a mark.

Lewis
Aug 19, 2010 at 11:35 am

The designers name is Pia, which is what I thought the logo was meant to represent when I read the post.

Works better as PID obviously.. But I reckon you could get away with Pia :)

Anna
Aug 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I think its short for the company name: Pia Isaksen Design. I like it! I agree on the mirror effect though, it looks a little too technical

Jacob Cass
Aug 19, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Thanks, I fixed up the typo!

Karlitos
Aug 20, 2010 at 3:58 am

I love it! Easy to understand, and represents good taste. Double thumbs up!

Lydia
Aug 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Love it now that I know it’s PID!

Rachael Rodriguez
Aug 21, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Ah yes, PID makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Diggin’ it now.

kia
Aug 25, 2010 at 4:39 am

simple and nice, thumbs up.

Carola Jansen
Sep 2, 2010 at 3:51 am

The mirror effect on the P is technically impossible, right? Or is it just me?
It also reminds me of a logo a friend of mine did a while back: http://www.badabingdesign.nl/
But I know that everything is done before, so it’s really hard to be completely original. There is probably a look-a-like version for every logo.

Besides that, I do like this logo! Clean, simple and with an extra layer of depth.

edwin
Nov 3, 2010 at 7:46 am

@ Carola Jansen:
Looks like the one your friend did?!
It’s a straight copy of the one your friend did, the P or D is Identical, even has the same indent on the side.

No props from me sorry.

Pia
Nov 5, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Hello, thanks for all votes & comments!
When Logo Of The Day wrote P.I.A instead of P.I.D I understand the confusion, but luckily that eventually was corrected. I have never seen the bada bing logo before. I don’t know when it was designed, my logo was designed around december 08/january 09. I don’t know which was first. Anyway, copying has never been my intention and I never try to follow a logo trend. Yet there is never a guarantee that no one has done/are doing things in a similar way sometimes. Cheers.

Timo
Nov 27, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, Carola.

boxerdude
Jan 4, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Haha I get a chuckle when some commenters point out that there’s a similar/identical/ripped off logo etc and then they link to it…. and it turns out to be a cafe in Boise, Idaho or something like that. People – there is no way designers can be acutely aware of every logo on the planet. Designers can have similar ideas etc. There’s no reason to instantly jump on the designer and say he’s copying etc. Unless the logo is widely used and has broad exposure – there’s no way a designer in the UK is going to be aware of a logo in use for a plumbing outfit in Tampa. (obviously that doesn’t apply here just illustrating a point)

julian cajero
Mar 25, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Hello I am from aguascalientes mexico
Very nice your logo
I believe that our ideas are very similar and say to me that I should copy but it is not true