2010-07-11 | Society 27

Society27 is a brand developing limited edition high quality leather products for men, from wallets to briefcases. The official launch will be in 2011, so this is project in development.

Credits: Pavel Pavlov

11 Comments to “2010-07-11 | Society 27”

nick
Jul 12, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Smart very smart. Love the execution with numbers. Overall good logo.

David Michael Fong
Jul 12, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Great solution. Fun. I want to stare at it.

Glenna
Jul 12, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Absolutely wonderful use of the numbers. Elegant and clever.

Jenn Steinhauer
Jul 12, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Ohhh brilliant. I love this one. Very clever and well executed.

Couleur Vive
Jul 12, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Real nice mirror with 2 and 7 ! The sign can be a simple icon or composed with typography and sign, so it’s just a great solution

Pavel Pavlov
Jul 13, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Thanks guys, it`s one of my favorite projects and I`m happy that it was recieved so positive.

Jeaver
Jul 14, 2010 at 8:32 am

Since you’ve got a bit of time, I’d check that kerning to make the type nice and balanced. Aside from that, pretty sweet Mr. Pavlov!

AG Designworks
Jul 15, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I really like the logo itself, elegant and stylish, just as a men’s upscale brand should be. It has really nice shape and I can easily see it embroidered or stamped into leather.

The typography could use some work though. It bothers me that the 27 are kerned so much tighter together than the rest of the letters. And the ‘e’ in society looks out of place..it almost seems like it’s bigger than the rest of the letters.

Nice work.

Annie
Aug 5, 2010 at 8:58 am

Very nice work. As far as the “a-ha!” moment that so many designers strive for in logo work, you’ve certainly nailed that!

I think people could go on nit-picking about kerning/balance until the end of time. What I’m really interested in is the concept of using open/closed apostrophes to fill in the space of the 2 and culminate the 7. To me that was always a gesture of acknowledging the artificiality of a term when used in speech or literature (e.g. “she said she was ‘hanging’ around, when really she was trying to run the show”).

So I guess what I’m getting at is, it would be great to know something about the history of the brand (if there is one) or at least something unique about it that justifies the use of this loaded literary device, you know what I mean?

I’m not denying this is a cool logo—it is! But is that all it is? What does it say about leather? What is the society, and the qualifier, 27? These are questions for the company as much as they are for the designer, but…by golly I want to know!

Pavel Pavlov
Aug 6, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Hey Annie,
thanks for the respond, always apreciate well thought comment. I understand your point and I must say I share the same view about logo design. But then, sometimes you find something, that you know it would work. Society27 is really intresting project, wich will be a little bit more than just leather accesories and clothing. So here, it was more about making something that makes you think a-ha, as you said. Sometimes you can pull of something intresting from the band history, sometimes you have to make the first step with your work, then the brand goes this way also. I`m curently involved with the further development and it`s really intresting experiment. At least for me:) You can see the current steps from the projects on my website, will update it with more photos soon.

Thanks again to all.

Pavel

Valerie
Nov 16, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Great logo. Can I ask which font you have used for the text underneath? Really like it.