2010-07-07 | 2016 Tokyo

Student work for a fictional Olympic games. Concept based on Origami. You can see the whole work here.

Credits: Andreas Leonidou

11 Comments to “2010-07-07 | 2016 Tokyo”

Bruno Passos
Jul 8, 2010 at 10:18 am

I really like the colours and the mood of the logo, not sure if it matches the subject.

Jameson
Jul 8, 2010 at 10:20 am

I like it from a design standpoint… seems awfully reminiscent of war propaganda, though

Lakeside Techies
Jul 8, 2010 at 10:49 am

I agree with Bruno and Jameson… the colors don’t do justice to the logo.

Kenster
Jul 8, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I agree with all three, but I’m not sure if thats the right spot for the rings, I would try to find another place or play with the scale (it’s way too small at this point), but great job on the Origami concept.

CouleurVive
Jul 8, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I think Origami concept i a good way but few details to avoid : the white shape at the top look like a scarry sword, and 2016 texte is unreadable, we see “Z”016. So i agree with Jameson about similarity in war propaganda

Kevin CKL
Jul 10, 2010 at 1:26 am

I agree with all the comments. Origami concept is a good way to express some kind of idea about culture, evergreen, or something that we familiar with. We know that Japanese people are creative and the origami was origins from Japan. The concept clearly express their very own culture identity.

Kari
Jul 14, 2010 at 2:10 am

Does anybody else think the “Y” could be reversed?

kelly
Jul 17, 2010 at 9:04 pm

First thing I thought of when I saw this is “communism”…

Rick
Aug 4, 2010 at 6:38 am

Looks like a war movie poster

boxerdude
Jan 4, 2011 at 6:10 pm

This has to be the first time I’ve seen an Olympics identity designed on black. I absolutely agree this is VERY war propaganda in feel. The origami concept is beautiful but I think colour and position of the elements have to be revisited.

Also, I agree the Y bugs me. Should be reversed.

Hugo
Mar 15, 2011 at 4:42 am

there was perhaps an opportunity to play with the rings in juxtaposition with the circle on the Japanese flag.. thus making the background white, yes the Y is odd, and it screams communism.

Perhaps its an attempt at the ‘idea’ of communism, not so much the history of it, the idea that everyone is equal?