2010-07-03 | App Arts

Tags: , ,

The logo is for a company, which deals with the design / development of mobile applications for smartphones. Every single app made by the company App Arts is a masterwork.

Credits: Melinda Albert

8 Comments to “2010-07-03 | App Arts”

Preston
Jul 3, 2010 at 9:44 am

It has potential, but it took me too long to see what it was, an iPhone on an easel. It looks like a tram or something. Maybe more dynamic lines would help.

John
Jul 3, 2010 at 10:10 am

Looks like a grill, and the code-y type treatment looks more novice than intentional.

Glenna
Jul 3, 2010 at 12:58 pm

The concept is good, but the icon isn’t immediately recognizable. Also, the small type is so thin that it’ll disappear if it gets any smaller (it’s barely legible now). It seems as if the elements of many of the logos we see here are too far apart. Is this a new design technique? They shouldn’t be crammed together, but I miss the integrity of a smaller space separating them.

Nishidake
Jul 3, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I saw the mobile device right away, which is very clever, but am I the only bothered that it’s off center and the horizontal line on the right is longer than on the left?

jehzlau
Jul 4, 2010 at 3:15 pm

simple + brilliant. That’s all I can say ^_^

jehzlau
Jul 4, 2010 at 3:16 pm

@Nishidake – I also wondered about it. But I think this is what makes this logo unique. There’s a hidden meaning behind those uneven length of lines. :)

David
Jul 7, 2010 at 7:50 am

I really like it. It’s a great idea pretty well executed. The lines arguably could be tweaked to communicate the concept better, but I knew what it was straight away so it’s still a great effort.

AG Designworks
Jul 7, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I agree with the poster above, I first saw a tram or trolley. The idea of an easel is lost for me because the third leg is missing, so it seems two dimensional.

If the design were at an angle, if some perspective was used, it might be more easily recognizable.