2010-06-29 | Joyride Labs

Tags: , ,

Logo for the independent game development studio “Joyride Laboratories“. The studio was founded in 2009 by me and Sönke Hahn and is located in Berlin. The logo has been designed as a combination of a game controller and a stylized horse. It therefore refers nicely to the studio’s name as well as to the business segment. It was important to me to create a simple and clean design that still retains a very friendly and approachable appearance. Metaphorically, the horse is waiting for you to embark on a new game adventure. The logo is mostly used in white on a colored background.

Credits: Florian Hofer (coming soon)

13 Comments to “2010-06-29 | Joyride Labs”

Antrex
Jun 29, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Nice, but looks targeted only to infants.

Jenn Steinhauer
Jun 29, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Think Nintendo would have something to say about this?

Saad
Jun 29, 2010 at 5:38 pm

niceee

Glenna
Jun 29, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Sorry, but I think it’s too obscure. Maybe someone younger would appreciate the concept.

Heinrich
Jun 30, 2010 at 3:18 am

Spot on. I simply can’t agree with the negative comments on this one. How is it obscure? Almost anyone recognises a game pad icon…we live in a playstion, xbox, nintendo era. I don’t feel Nintendo can say anything either, the button layout might be nintendo but the overall feel is more playstation if you look at the legs.

Superb execution and immediately represents the gaming industry.

Coming back to Glenna…you must be quite mature in age not to recognise a game pad and obviously have no knowledge of consoles and not played any games…how you’ve missed out :P

Sønke G. Schmad
Jun 30, 2010 at 5:23 am

MMH. I LIKE!

Jolanda Khastaanye
Jun 30, 2010 at 5:33 am

I really think it shows your point of view as a designer. simply breath taking. you did a good job, boys!

Stephen Kistner
Jun 30, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I like it. It does look more oriented towards young children, but that’s to keep it simple. If
they added more detail to the horse, it wouldn’t work in small sizes.

John
Jul 1, 2010 at 11:43 am

I can dig it.

Ben Stock
Jul 2, 2010 at 1:35 am

I can’t agree with any of the negative comments. The moment I saw this logo, all the other logos on the page faded into obscurity. But hey, I’m a kid from the video game generation, so maybe that’s why it spoke to me. It’s simply brilliant. Keep doing what you’re doing. Good job.

P.S. Jenn, why would Nintendo have anything to say about this? I see a generic controller that could be used with any console (or computer for that matter). Maybe I misunderstood your comment.

Herman
Jul 2, 2010 at 4:29 am

A fine design – creative and likeabele

Nishidake
Jul 3, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Indeed, spot on. Clever, not over-done, very nice work. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s childish (I think the commenters who take that view are *ahem*, older, shall we say), I think it’s lighthearted and fun and will appeal to the right demographic.

[...] 2. Joyride Laboratories [...]