2010-04-29 | Lee Bonk

“Logo for an Israeli jewelry designer ‘Lee Bonk‘ that opened a gorgeous jewelry shop in Tel Aviv. The logo itself imitates the unique style of Lee’s jewels. It is feminine, amorphic and memorable.”

Credits: Gala Turman

9 Comments to “2010-04-29 | Lee Bonk”

Hian Battiston
Apr 29, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Really nice logo, really like the font.

Antrex
Apr 29, 2010 at 9:17 pm

It kinda looks like the cheap free fonts you can download from internet with some vector work. I can’t connect it to jewelry.

Maciej Szylke
Apr 30, 2010 at 2:05 am

Why cheap? Because handdrawn?
Handdrawn fonts can be really expensive :)

Heinrich
Apr 30, 2010 at 2:39 am

I love the capital B! Handrawn typefaces are always lovely to look at.

jdd
Apr 30, 2010 at 5:15 am

Antrex: It’s not a classical jewellery logo because Lee’s jewellery is not that classical. The swirls and curves really do fit the kind of jewellery Lee makes; http://www.stylistiet.com/lee-bonk-israeli-jewelry-designer-and-shop/2009/09

Absolutely lovely logo!

Ariel
Apr 30, 2010 at 7:38 am

the point is, a jewelery shop logo should be like jewelery itself, sophisticated, a bit personal, expensive and unique. IMO this logo is simply inappropriate

Jennae
Apr 30, 2010 at 8:56 am

If you look at the designer’s work, you’ll see why the designer chose this direction. I think it’s perfect appropriate, given the client. Just because it doesn’t LOOK like a traditional jewelry logo, that doesn’t mean it isn’t the RIGHT logo for this situation. I think the designer did a great job making a logo that worked for the client rather than trying to fit someone else’s idea of what was right.

Antrex
Apr 30, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I didnt say it has to look traditional, i only said i can’t connect to jewelry. Hmmm… maybe it fits better a cake bakery.

Roo
Sep 1, 2011 at 6:50 am

I not only love it but in the tail of the ‘K’ I see the part of the earring the kind my mother wore when I was a child. You, know the kind that don’t close they just go through your ear and dangle. shame it’s lying flat though!