2010-03-29 | And Sweets

And Sweets is the social media of confectioneries. The word “Sweets” means confectionery in Japanese. Big “&” is a symbol of a person, and she is ready to eat a chocolate, which is displayed as tiny dot.”

Credits: Hayato Tomoda

16 Comments to “2010-03-29 | And Sweets”

massimo
Mar 29, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Neat! The “&” is eating a chocolate (dot), right?

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jacob Cass. Jacob Cass said: Logo Of The Day: 2010-03-29 | And Sweets http://bit.ly/boYzwn [...]

Oscar
Mar 29, 2010 at 10:07 pm

totally boring

Vidit Kothari
Mar 29, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Awesome, wonderful logo. Presentation is Beautful and creative.

Loved it. 5/5. :)

Adamo
Mar 30, 2010 at 1:07 am

I know Japanese design is completely different to Western design… even so, this is a big no from me.

Not inspiring, not creative, not appealing.

Sjimone
Mar 30, 2010 at 1:22 am

Really boring…..

jim
Mar 30, 2010 at 3:34 am

I have to agree. A little uninspiring. Sweets should be colourful! It would have been nice to see some traditional type forms combined with some high colour. The & eating the chocolate thing is lost without an explanation, which wouldn’t be such a problem if there were other clues and feelings in there. As is stands it fails to be sweet.

Chris
Mar 30, 2010 at 4:35 am

I think the idea is probably the best part of the logo. I mean, I got that the ampersand was a person with a piece of chocolate, and I think it’s an idea that can be used effectively enough, and possibly bring a bit of personality to the logo. But I think there probably wasn’t enough time spent exploring the options. I agree with Jim that something more colorful could be nice. Also, it seems a bit stiff for “sweets”, especially since the idea seems to imply a bit of a sense of humor. Also, can I ask, why that particular ampersand? There are so many different types of ampersands out there with so many different types of personalities. I feel like there have countless ampersands out there that would lend themselves better to this project.

Vidit Kothari
Mar 30, 2010 at 4:36 am

My choice seems indifferent. But I really liked it, its simplicity and the components demonstrated.

Hayato Tomoda
Mar 30, 2010 at 6:48 am

massimo, yes, this logo is a metaphor of woman eating a chocolate!

Hayato Tomoda
Mar 30, 2010 at 6:55 am

Oscar, Adamo, Sjimone and jim, you all made me realize this logo has a lack of inspirations. I will re-design it soon. Thank you for the straight review!

Hayato Tomoda
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:02 am

Chris, the ampersand is really important to us, so thank you for pointing this out. The current ampersand is a metaphor of a high-sensitive lady (age 30+), because our main target are them. Our website gathers information about desserts, fashion, travel etc., which our target prefers.

Nick Haulfermet
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:17 am

I liked the idea, but I thought it was a restaurant logo. I saw a waiter holding something(in this case, the chocolate) and I read only “Sweets” instead of “And Sweets”.

hirosige
Mar 30, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Great idea.
I love this.

Paulher
Apr 5, 2010 at 12:34 pm

i like …

tomodian
Apr 7, 2010 at 11:33 am

Great thanks to you all!