2010-03-26 | Genuine Fusion

Tags: , , , , ,

“Design office for design work in areas like CI, Webdesign, Graphic Design, Flash.”

Credits: Gregor Fenger

19 Comments to “2010-03-26 | Genuine Fusion”

Tin
Mar 26, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I love the brilliant usage of negative space of this logo. It’s clear G&F

Abounding
Mar 26, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I love this. Very well executed. And…I am not usually a fan of pink, but it seems to work here.

Maciej Szylke
Mar 26, 2010 at 9:02 pm

This idea is older than we all are ;)
http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/5162 just to mention LogoPond similar uploads :)

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jacob Cass, Turboface, Ade Lack, Melao, Esteban Eordogh and others. Esteban Eordogh said: Me encanta este Logo!… Logo Of The Day: 2010-03-26 | Genuine Fusion http://bit.ly/c0jqor [...]

Sean Farrell
Mar 27, 2010 at 7:49 am

Looks like Mike Ericksons Global Feature

David
Mar 27, 2010 at 8:39 am

Great logo, very effective use of the negative space.

Maciej Szylke
Mar 27, 2010 at 10:43 am

I wonder why my yesterday’s comment is still awaiting moderation? :)

Deano
Mar 27, 2010 at 11:56 am

To err is human, to admit having erred is not human.

Arron Lock
Mar 27, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I see a lot of comments about how this has been done before and even some examples. I realize this isn’t the most unique concept we have ever seen but at the same time there are only so many things you can do wit a G and F. While simila arrangements have been used in the past I don’t think this was, in any way a “copy cat” logo and I think the designer executed it pretty well.

Gregor
Mar 27, 2010 at 11:23 pm

hi guys,

i had a discussion on logopound with ocuralink the designer of this global feature. the conclusion for me is that i also had to find out that i am not the only one who had the idea of combining the G and the F this way. But i still think i found a unique way to show the logo and balanced it quiete well and when i started this logo i just never saw those logos before.i just got those info a week ago from the comments on my logo. similiarities will always happen, even i think the overall look of my GF version is different. to be correct this logo shows the first letters of ” Genuine Fusion Designworks”, “GFD” connected to our website http://www.gf-designworks.de

who is intrested how i came to this idea and build up the logo can see the process on this jpeg here:

but once is also for sure. the designer of gloabal feature was not the first one who had this idea to combine the G and F this way.
since there been some others in the past as well like people commented on the logo of global feature at logopound. see here

so if someone points of older ideas of combining the G and F this way, then it would be fair to really look back in time and not support someone he knows.

if someone says my logo looks like global feature then i say, gloabal feature looks like greenfield and another will say it looks like pentenrieder and another will digg deeper and find some more variations. similarieties will somehow always happend.

i have a free mind on this since i dont saw those logos and i still think my way is different because it combines “GFD” in it in another way.

trademarks are not unique worldwide. they are also connected to the name, classification, date of registration, country, etc.
dont forget this.

rest in peace…

greg

Maciej Szylke
Mar 28, 2010 at 12:21 pm

It’s a very fair comment, Gregor.
I would only like to say that when I was pointing other logos in similar G-F form above I didn’t mean that it’s wrong as a graphic work. To me it’s normal, I believe that almost everyone who do graphic design had a situation of inventing something that later turned out to be not unique. So I’m sorry if you felt offended in any way.
I only just meant that I would like to see very unique and inimitable ideas as logos of the day here :) But that’s only my personal point of view.
Peace :)

Roy
Mar 29, 2010 at 4:33 am

I think the argument has gone way beyond “which came first the chicken or the egg?”

Gregor, you have to ask yourself if you want to use a logo that is not original in any way shape or form – or just bite the bullet and start again. I think most would opt for the latter.

Ariel
Mar 29, 2010 at 10:43 am

IMO, despite the good design, the final logo looks outdated and the color scheme is ordinary

Dominic Rödel
Mar 30, 2010 at 1:25 am

I guess the main reason why there is this problem is because it is nothing special to combine a G and an F this way :D

Kevin Burr
Apr 22, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I’m on the verge of deleting the Global Feature logo from all of my portfolios/showcases due to all the negative associations it has with it now. It’s a shame.

Jesse
Sep 15, 2010 at 2:06 am

the addition of the ‘d’ for ‘designworks’ makes it exponentially more clever than the other examples. Three letterforms in such a tight relationship is genius.

Ian
Dec 22, 2010 at 2:07 am

interesting discussion, but I’m more concerned with how similar the f lettertype is to the Flash icon, especially given the choice of pink color used. Can’t decide if this is a bad thing or not, cuz given what he says his firm specializes in, it’s very appropriate and helps to communicate/associate quickly his “product”… although, on the other hand, it seems scary (from a litigation standpoint… ever heard of a company called Adobe?) to get so close to such a recognizable icon (ie F of the Flash application).

Roo
Sep 1, 2011 at 7:03 am

2 shades of pink. dislike.