2010-03-25 | Flies and Frogs

Flies and frogs photography.

Credits: Nikola Bradonjic

17 Comments to “2010-03-25 | Flies and Frogs”

Jason Gross
Mar 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm

A part of me wants to see a revision with the frog legs on the G instead of the O. Both because I feel like it would balance the fly for the dot of the ‘i’ and because the G is slightly more ‘body of a frog like’ to me in terms of shape. More so than an O at least…

ScareParadox
Mar 25, 2010 at 2:58 pm

So radically different from anything that I’ve seen for photography, I can’t help but appreciate it =)

It doesn’t seem like it would be super flexible (for instance if you wanted to use it in a way that didn’t fit in a box), but that’s not entirely necessary.

Darlene
Mar 25, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Very whimsical, but I would never associate it with a photography studio. Maybe a casual/outdoor clothing brand or a pub.

Deano
Mar 25, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I agree with Darlene. It is a fun little sketch style mark. it looks like a casual doodle for a kids product.

Sol
Mar 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

It’s a very cool mark, different and funky, but like Darlene, I wouldn’t associate it with a photo studio.

margaret
Mar 25, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Nevermind that you don’t automatically associate the mark with a photo studio. It would be boring if it was an overdone camera/shutter icon. Brands are powerful beyond the direct imagery/symbolism of their logo, eventually the logo will become much more than a frog and a fly illustrated in a naive manner. This logo works because it’s different. It’s an old example, but think of Apple. Apples have nothing to do with computers. That connection came later.

Casey
Mar 25, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Personally don’t like the box…

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jacob Cass. Jacob Cass said: Logo Of The Day: 2010-03-25 | Flies and Frogs http://bit.ly/anDkgc [...]

Deano
Mar 25, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Margaret speaks the truth. Well said.

Adamo
Mar 26, 2010 at 12:27 am

@ Margaret – I disagree partially. There still has to be some correlation between the business and its visual identity, that’s if you want it to work well… but I’m not suggesting direct imagery is the way to do it though.

This logo is really nice, but I think what’s missing here is the rationale. I know nothing about the company and I wouldn’t know its a photography studio. If I did happen to know, I would probably assume you took children/family shots, but by the looks of Flikr. I’d be wrong.

Without an explanation, Its just a snazzy design without substance

Anusha
Mar 26, 2010 at 12:36 am

nice design…….
the idea of keeping flies at I is good but frog leg is not looking so good

Uzma
Mar 26, 2010 at 1:35 am

So I assume this studio photographs just flies and frogs??

jim
Mar 26, 2010 at 4:11 am

I agree with Margeret. A logo is not meant to be used in isolation to put someone in mind of a product or service. It’s part of a holistic solution and is further defined by it’s relation to other elements of the brand. Folks on LOTD seem to be focusing far too much on whether a logo describes explicitly enough the nature of the business it’s attached to. If this were a necessary logo function then there would be no room in logo design for abstract ideograms at all. When do you ever see a logo on it’s own as an advert for a business? Not often becasue it’s not a logo’s job to encapsulate the particulars of the business so much as to describe something of the character of it.

Rachel
Mar 26, 2010 at 7:59 am

I agree with Margaret. And I think this is adorable and memorable. It’s a great mark. Well done.

stepi
Mar 27, 2010 at 7:34 am

Uou man….this is awesome logo… Keep it that way,you have a original style and lot of free mind…?ao mi?ko:)

FlieSandFrogS
Mar 27, 2010 at 8:15 am

thx all….great coments and sugestions.

I am freelance designer and photographer, and this logo is for my creative studio.

The country that I live in which I am trying to create I sometimes see as a swamp where many things do not function or stand, so precisely that moment when I manage to capture a frame of time and create something good I am presenting with this logo. From an artistic view it implies to the style that I deal with the most, and that is graffiti. This logo does not explicitly display a connection with the commercial meaning of the logo, and this is because I present with it the very IDEA in its original form.

Hugo
Mar 15, 2011 at 5:33 am

i like it, very much. i think the square connects the fly and the frog legs, i think they would become “add on’s” if was not for the square..

Good job, i like your style :)