2010-03-23 | Culinary Zen

A website that features video content showing how to prepare easy and tasty meals that anyone can follow. Zen symbol presented like a plate, and the plate represents the letter C of Culinary Zen. See in use here.

Credits: Oguzhan Ocalan

10 Comments to “2010-03-23 | Culinary Zen”

Arron Lock
Mar 23, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I really like this overall. I would like the C to look more like a C than an open circle though.

Vidit Kothari
Mar 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I rate it 3.5

The design is so beautiful, but acording to the concept it hardly demonstrates “Video” characteristic.

It hints me – restaurant instead of a tutorial website

But the logo-design is very nice.

MrSunnyZ
Mar 23, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I see 101 – would be perfect if the name was Culinary 101. The zen symbol as a plate is cool though.

javier
Mar 23, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Adamo
Mar 23, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Hoping your not accusing him of stealing your idea Javier? Although they look the similar, they are two entirely different concepts. (Just executed with the same graphic)

However, your comment kind of highlights out my opinion about this logo. I don’t find this an overly creative solution and a little cliche. I like the incorporation of the Zen symbol but it kind of feels like your taking the easy road by making it a dinner plate.

the target is right, the aesthetics are right, the concept just needs to be pushed.

jim
Mar 24, 2010 at 4:28 am

I think it’s ok, but a little underworked. The shape for the plate looks like a default CS3 illustrator brush.

aditi
Mar 25, 2010 at 12:02 am

Nice logo…

Deano
Mar 25, 2010 at 3:40 pm

it’s been done before. needs more original zen.

Ariel
Mar 29, 2010 at 10:46 am

say… “A website that features video content….” but the logo say nothing about a SITE featuring VIDEO…., don’t know but the C looks pretty arabic for me, so any other elements out there are hidden

hirosige
Mar 30, 2010 at 3:22 pm

It is thought very well by recollecting the word Zen to this round part.

The circle written by one stroke is called “ENSOU” in the zen.
“ENSOU” is an important part of the idea of the Zen.

However, shape of the brush are not seen in the Japan style brush. How if it improves it?