2009-04-29 | Duran

Duran Perfume & Cosmetics.

Designer: Alexey Rusakov

8 Comments to “2009-04-29 | Duran”

Private
Apr 29, 2009 at 12:05 am

Once again a logo without a concept? There are millions of just “good looking” logos out there. Why does this logo deserve the title logo of the day?

Apr 29, 2009 at 12:09 am

I like the art. The flower is well tought for a perfume company.
Sure if you remove the name under it, it could be used for just about any company. but sometimes, a cosmetic company just needs a pretty image to make people dream.

Would anyone honnestly buy perfumes and cosmetics from a company that uses a tarantula as a logotype? (or anything commonly identified as repulsive for that matters)

Nice art and pretty image is pretty much what is needed.

MWilson
Apr 29, 2009 at 2:56 am

Personally, I believe that logos don’t ALWAYS have to have a concept. Some logos can be very effective if they are memorable and unique without have a true concept. With that said, this logo isn’t very good. It looks like a porcupine. Not a good idea for a perfume and cosmetics company.

Harrison
Apr 29, 2009 at 2:56 am

The logo doesn’t need to beat you over the head with meaning. There is no law that says a successful logo must tell you exactly what the company does. If it can communicate the character of the product/company, that is just as well.

Logos rarely stand on their own, as they are presented here on this site. The logo, accompanied with any additional branding material, complete the message. So, the logo doesn’t need to be overburdened with meaning.

As for assuming that the logo doesn’t have a concept, consider that you were simply unable to see it. In the context of a perfume company, the concept is readily apparent.

Paul Randall
Apr 29, 2009 at 5:46 am

An elegant logo, but the think the asymmetry is its downfall. It looks off balance, and possibly slightly too weighted to the left.

I agree about these ‘concept’ logos though. I don’t class them the same as real-world examples.

iondezine
Apr 29, 2009 at 9:48 am

Very elegant and classy. Great job!

SuperDave4eva
Apr 30, 2009 at 3:40 am

I like this logo a fair amount more than I have liked several others recently featured on this site. I find it nice and elegant and I don’t even find the asymmetry to a problem… plants usually are pretty asymmetrical to begin with.

[...] ??????? ?? ???? “??????? ???”. © 2007—2009 Rusakov Aleksej [...]