2009-11-06 | American Issues Project

Tags: , ,

Logo for a conservative political website. AIP is a conservative political group whose goal is to present issues in a clear, non-biased format so that people have all the information to make up their own minds. As a metaphor for “looking at both sides of the argument,” I separated the states and put them back together in a different order – Texas next to Florida, forcing you to look at them in a new light.

Credits: Rob Bernet

9 Comments to “2009-11-06 | American Issues Project”

zuluglobe
Nov 6, 2009 at 11:10 pm

United States of America are not the whole world, you see. globe form is not apropriate for stated insight. leaving aside the fact that the idea behind the logo can’t ba read clearly.

QF
Nov 7, 2009 at 12:16 am

zuluglobe,
The logo is for people who think America is the whole world.

campuscodi
Nov 7, 2009 at 12:23 am

Stop discussing politics on this page. We talk only design.

The logo is perfect for a political-inclined website named “AMERICAN issues project”

I want to put emphasis on the AMERICAN word and the fact that politics is very often as the Earth Globe in many other political shows or websites.

So it is quite a good logo. Very creative. Very adequate.

adequate = good logo

Jonathan
Nov 7, 2009 at 1:06 am

I like it, i think it works perfectly even though america is not the whole world.

Jason
Nov 7, 2009 at 5:05 am

While I agree that politics isn’t really the focus here – this is, uh, a political logo. A critique of the logo that includes political discussion seems appropriate. It might not be the best outcome if people viewing this logo see it as an “America-IS-the-World” message. The logo artwork is pretty good, but a logo is also a brand. If the very first comment on the page sees the logo as conveying a negative idea – what might the brand be saying about this organization? Just a thought.

Jason Schwartz
Nov 7, 2009 at 6:39 am

I really like seeing the states arranged like this in “world” format.

I haven’t seen this before and although some of the comments lead me to believe that this logo may have missed the mark, I really think that it opened my eyes to arranging the states in a unique way.

I like it!

Jenn Steinhauer
Nov 7, 2009 at 9:45 am

If you want to put emphasis on the “American” word, then it should be the highlighted word in the logo, not “Issues”. I find this logo offensive in that it really does imply the USA is the entire globe, which is just one problem the rest of the world has with Americans. Image is profound when it comes to a logo – all designers know that, and it’s very clear by the comments here what this logo is saying.

The idea of including all states in the logo is good, but it’s the way it was executed that repulses me. If it’s unity you’re trying to attain, there are many other ways this can be done.

SCM Designs
Nov 7, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I’m afraid the globe issue is a valid one. In these times, sensitivities in design need to be weighed carefully. I also get the “we are the world” impression from this.

But, if this had not been for a politically-oriented client, I would say well done. I think the rearranging of the states was a novel and unique idea.

Mitch
Nov 11, 2009 at 6:21 am

I think this is a great logo. Although i do agree that the globe presents a more global insinuation to it, the concept of using the state’s shapes to create a globe is a cool idea. After all, our (the U.S.A.’s) policies do affect the world. Also the idea of a round globe shape is great because it conveys the idea of “hearing all sides of the issues” instead if a linear Left or Right.