2009-10-26 | Art Hotel Norway

“Temporary art hotels expected to last for 5-20 years. The visual expression will be created by artists in cooperation with architects and entrepreneurs. The logo is expressing nationality (flag colors) and playing with the company business idea in a scrabbleish manner.”

Credits: Gaute Busch – UREDD designkontor

17 Comments to “2009-10-26 | Art Hotel Norway”

Uzma
Oct 26, 2009 at 9:56 pm

ok, I definitely have a problem with legibility,It seems like something printed with ink bleeding around letters, the H of hotel and N of Norway look the same,ie., both look like N. Not getting my vote, sorry.

MmSM
Oct 26, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Must have been some slim pickings today.

Tanner Christensen
Oct 26, 2009 at 10:16 pm

A bubble font… seriously?

Charles Roberds
Oct 26, 2009 at 10:22 pm

The font choice does create legibility issues and the colors are a bad combo ( I know the were playing with the country’s flag colors but just because they work on a flag doesn’t mean the work everywhere) but my biggest problem is the random M at the bottom, you cant go adding a single random letter to the bottom just so you can room out of the other letters the is ridiculous. It would be different if another word was there but a single character is just stupid (I couldn’t use another word). The whole idea is just bad and should go back the concept level. I feel sorry for the designer who created this and the hotel owners for using this garbage.

Mario
Oct 26, 2009 at 10:31 pm

hmmmmm….

campuscodi
Oct 27, 2009 at 1:10 am

The logo seems out of place on the original website…. It sits on top of a very square menu bar… but the logo is …. so ….. bubbly :) ))))

Not one of my favorites

Paul Singh
Oct 27, 2009 at 1:11 am

Like everyone out here is saying. The font needs work. And the ‘Room’ would have worked only if there was a fourth line. In this case, not really.

campuscodi
Oct 27, 2009 at 1:12 am

and by the way…. the website uses a lot of blue…. the colors would have made choice and a lot more impact on the logo if they where inversed. Blue for red.

Marcel
Oct 27, 2009 at 1:49 am

Seriously NOT! I don’t get it, i submit a really great Logo, maybe 1 and a half week ago. It is one of them Logos, most Person would like for their own. ONLY good feedback, but somehow it won’t get published here. Know i know why at least.

The Font is not clearly, me too i see a N inplace of a H for Hotel,
The spaces of the letters are somehow too big, print this tiny you will see only points.
and yes, i might get such a crossword working too, anybody would if the last letter stands alone like that.

Currently thinking about unfollowing here

Mark Tyson
Oct 27, 2009 at 2:18 am

ROOM?
EW!

Rahul - Web Guru
Oct 27, 2009 at 2:47 am

Is this a logo? seriously… oopz… :p

MrSunnyZ
Oct 27, 2009 at 7:56 am

So much has been said… I feel sorry for the designer, but I can’t help but to point out yet another problem, i.e. color – the blue used in the logo is in no way close to the indigo blue on the flag of Norway. Needless to say, there are countless different “blue” colors… I have no idea why this blue is used.

Mario
Oct 27, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Ive seen and heard of way better submissions for this site… Its kind of discouraging to know that something like this is given recognition… No offense to the designer.. we all have done logo’s both good and bad as designers in some time of our career… but giving recognition to a bad logo I’ve done and not giving recognition to good ones really undermines the esteem of this website, which i believe had done so much for the promotion of good design and designers

Gaute Busch
Oct 27, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Whoha!
Thanks for honest comments – especially for the constructive ones. Excusing things in this forum would only look stupid, allthough I´m comfortable with most of my choices, so I hope you get a chance to see the whole thing in context when the project evolves into reality.
Peace, G.

Wylie
Oct 28, 2009 at 4:11 am

no bueno……. muy no bueno

Mike Puglielli
Oct 28, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Guys,

The judges have their opinions just like we have ours. And what works for one person doesn’t always work for another. Good and bad logos are judge by only one thing: effectiveness. If the logo is effective through its intention, it is good…even if is a bad logo, its effective.

My opinion on the logo: Needs revisiting. Not that the idea is bad, but needs better execution. Get rid of room, that’s unneeded. Room pulls away from the emphasis on Art Hotel Norway.

Looking at the website I can see how it is interesting and very stylized. The colors work, they’re fun, and the bubble letters are also fun. But that is only in its context on the website, otherwise its not terribly effective. The harsh legibility and space between the characters makes it different to read.

Again, I like what you’re trying to do…needs more conceptualizing.

Zach