2009-10-09 | Paperfield Films

Tags: , , ,

“Paper Field is an independent Video Production and Post Production. Events (Weddings), Web Video/Podcasting, Music Video company. They also have a youtube channel.

The idea stems from the word “paper”. The whole company name is very interesting and I knew exaclty what I was going to do, the problem was selecting the right animal/bird. Replacing paper with filmstrip was the next logical step. Hence origami and film.”

Credits: Scott Cameron

18 Comments to “2009-10-09 | Paperfield Films”

Daniela Zeckua
Oct 9, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Great idea…. I like the filmstrip instead of the paper… I think it´s very original…

critique
Oct 9, 2009 at 2:30 pm

good. maybe i would ditch the dark gradients or replace them with lighter colors. the film strip holes by the wings are also hard to look at

Rahul - Web Guru
Oct 9, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Nice one. Cool.

mathiew
Oct 9, 2009 at 4:06 pm

i like the idea . though the colors im not sure abt ..
as @critique said i would enlarge the film holes a little bit more just for scalability issues

Scott
Oct 9, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Thank you everyone for the compliment and for those who feel differently, no worries you view is your view..please keep in mind that this is a live logo not one for show and tell. The holes are perfectly fine considering this is vector design so how is scalability a problem?…The colours are muted at the Clients request., as for BW it’s actually looks better in Black and white.

The whole progress was task deciding on which components had holes and which one did drove me nuts hahaha..first here then there okay if I knock out that oops it will effect B and son…actually it was that hard…I just making seem so hahahaha

This is my first post here….so once again thank you

bala S murali
Oct 9, 2009 at 7:55 pm

i LIKE THE FONT USED!!!!

binocle
Oct 9, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Great one, congratulations ^__^

Not so fan of the “oldish classy we are a serious company” font though…

Heinrich
Oct 9, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Looks good. The colours and origami make me think of a head of corn…or is it just me?

I think the clients request of muted colours wasn’t a good one seeing as they produce video which is normaly pretty colourful.

Good execution though.

Jason Schwartz
Oct 10, 2009 at 2:17 am

I think this logo is great. I know there has been some comments questioning colors, but I really like them. It’s different, which is sometimes just what a logo needs!

Great execution.

Josiah Jost | Siah Design
Oct 10, 2009 at 5:24 am

Hmmm… reminds me too much of David Airey’s Tammy Lenski design:

Uzma
Oct 10, 2009 at 5:38 am

MrSunnyZ
Oct 10, 2009 at 8:25 am

No offense but I found Scott’s defense over scalability issue a bit funny by saying “The holes are perfectly fine considering this is vector design so how is scalability a problem?” Oh yeah? Sure everybody knows vector files do not have scalability problem (for computers), but at the end of day the designs are seen by human eyes and designers do need to consider scalability regardless of your file being vector or not. In this case, I agree with others on the size of the holds, especially when scaled down.

With that said, this is still a great design. I like it.

designerkan
Oct 12, 2009 at 7:50 pm

I like too much Trajan font.
Very good job. Cong..

Heinrich
Oct 13, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I’m afraid I have to agree with Uzma and Josiah Jost…the logo does look almost identical to the tammy lenski logo.

Maff the Logo Designer
Oct 16, 2009 at 2:28 am

I do like the logo but I did think of David’s logo as soon as I saw it too. It is still a great design its just a shame that it looks similar to the other logo.

Justin Schierkolk
Oct 28, 2009 at 12:24 pm

The scalability issue is referring to the problem you most certainly will have when you reduce this logo to fit on a small item such a business card or flash drive, for example. Those tiny holes will disappear. Make ‘em bigger, and this is a winner.

-J

amal
Nov 2, 2009 at 6:25 pm

reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally cooooooooooooooooool idea ……….

Scott
Aug 2, 2010 at 11:49 am

hmmmmmmmmmm…….. origami bird is the same no mater what..and the industries different not even close to who never considering my work is made from a film strip geeeesh people get a fuck’n grip!