2009-09-28 | Mike

Tags: , ,

“This logo is a personal logo as I am reinventing my brand. It is essentially me as a graphic designer both as freelance or hire.”

Update: This logo has been updated on 3/10/09. See previous version here.

Credits: Michael Puglielli

16 Comments to “2009-09-28 | Mike”

Kevin Sherman
Sep 29, 2009 at 11:59 am

Its kinda neat, except that I don’t see the ‘E’ at all. I’m guessing that it is part of the three colored horizontal line, but I don’t look at it and think “Mike” I only see “Mik”

Carson Shold
Sep 29, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I see the E, but it’s a bit hard at first. Maybe if the coloured striped started on the left edge of the M rather than straight across. Then again that might make the logo a little unbalanced.

Just a thought.

ne
Sep 29, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Sorry dude, however lovely this is, it really does not read mike, only mik.

Rahul - Web Guru
Sep 29, 2009 at 1:18 pm

There might be an “E” but not as distinct as the “MIK”. So I just read the first three letters only.

Douglas Bonneville
Sep 29, 2009 at 2:07 pm

If it reads “mike” then it has to read “3mike” or “emike”. Perhaps it would work better if the color did not start on the left side. The layering and white letters also makes it hard to see the E. It’s a smart balanced design and is a lovely mark, but it’s just not a Mike-mark.

Uzma
Sep 29, 2009 at 2:15 pm

nope, doesn’t work for me.

Chris Siegle
Sep 29, 2009 at 4:03 pm

It is attractive, but I’m with everyone else, the MIK is just too bold to attempt the E in that way. Maybe something along the lines of what Douglas said, either with the color ending to the right, or maybe if the stripes weren’t on the left sides at all, but even then, it wouldn’t be that strong.

Armig Esfahani
Sep 29, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Completely agree with Douglas..

Carson Shold
Sep 30, 2009 at 2:40 am

You know what, I change my mind. Although I still don’t see ‘mike’ as everyone is saying. Take a look at his site and see it in use, it’s fantastic. Maybe if he added a bit of white to where the ‘e’ should be it would be more defined.

See this quick example I did: http://www.carsonshold.com/temp/mike.jpg

James Hsu
Sep 30, 2009 at 5:16 am

MIK.

TripleCrownn777
Sep 30, 2009 at 8:54 am

I’m with Douglas….

Mike Puglielli
Sep 30, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Hey guys and gals,

I really appreciate the responses in regards to this logo. Fortuantely and unfortunately I guess it is rather hold…I submitted this logo some time ago and there has been some work done on it since then as I did receive similiar marks in regards to mike not being completely visible.

I will be posting my updated branding work on my flickr page including the new logo, etc, and would really appreciate updated comments on those works as I upload throughout this work week.

I am also going to resubmit my updated logo here, logooftheday.com, and cross my fingers once again.

Carson & Douglas : I really think there is some merit to our idea with the white bevel. I will visit that idea. I really appreciate you taking into helping me with my work and logo. You guys provide great critique.

Lastly, if you guys are interested in design critique, as I am, shoot me an email. I really appreciate the responses!

Goodluck to everyone and thanks again.

Jacob Cass
Sep 30, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Mike,
Just let me know and I will update the image, while giving a link to the old one.

Michael Puglielli
Oct 6, 2009 at 3:05 am

Logooftheday.com commenters,

I wanted to extend my thanks to Jacob. He has helped me out in terms of posting the new image for view and critique. We also had a technical issue with colors and he uploaded the correct image once again (it was my fault) and he didn’t have to do that.

Anyways, I wanted people to be aware of Jacob’s work behind the scene working with me. He has done a great job and extended the service of this site to being personal.

Thanks again.

Kevin Sherman
Oct 14, 2009 at 11:35 am

Michael,
I like the change, much better in showing the whole ‘mike’ rather than just ‘mik’. I like it a lot more now. Wish I could re-rate it :-)

Mike Puglielli
Oct 16, 2009 at 12:16 am

Kevin,

Haha I really appreciate it! Thanks again, man. Good critiques!