2009-09-21 | Spectrum

“Local start-up accounting firm. I took a big, thick cap S from the company name and reversed it out of a vignette of numbers. The unique use of numbers suggests accounting and sets up a nice visual contrast between the heavy, negative space letter and the playful, organic positive space numbers.”

Credits: Rob Bernet

18 Comments to “2009-09-21 | Spectrum”

Travis
Sep 21, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I like it! very attractive logo. Very Effective

Chris Siegle
Sep 22, 2009 at 12:10 am

I like this one a lot, its a great idea, not too overly complicated, its attractive from a distance without being able to see the detail of the vignette being made up of numbers, and its attractive up close when you realize that that’s what it is.

I think the space above ‘Spectrum’ is a little too large, but besides that, its great.

EJSchultz
Sep 22, 2009 at 12:43 am

I like the mark and the logo itself, but am unimpressed in its execution for an accounting firm. A bit too light for the purpose – if this firm is dealing with my money or accounting needs, I would rather the impression of a company that takes the business serious rather than a flippant, easy going firm.

Lori M. Fritz
Sep 22, 2009 at 3:12 am

I like the contempory feel of the logo. It is attrative and will be an easily recognizable mark for the company to gain momentum around.

Nice Job Rob!

Dan Stewart
Sep 22, 2009 at 3:18 am

This clearly (and simply) communicates that this firm can make sense out of the complication and overwhelming nature of numbers.

Nice work.

Jason Gaylor
Sep 22, 2009 at 3:21 am

Nice logo. I dig it.

Rob Corliss
Sep 22, 2009 at 5:26 am

enjoy the simplicity and connection with the essence of what firm does – accounting. The bold S stands out in the inherent complexity of the numbers; gives piece of mind as there is stability in the mark.

Julie Bernet
Sep 22, 2009 at 6:40 am

Although the concept of accounting can sometimes be synonymous with “boring”, this logo design is anything but! It is not only simple and tasteful, but adds a flair of abstract art that makes me want to run out and get my taxes done!!

Sara Huff
Sep 22, 2009 at 7:24 am

Green – like money, and numbers – the center of accounting. Looks great!

Douglas Bonneville
Sep 22, 2009 at 7:28 am

Fantastic mark. I would like to see another version with slightly larger numbers and a touch more density close to the “S” – I wonder if a touch more punch would buff this up one more notch. Barring that one tweak, this is great. Bold, crisp, dense and very clever.

Kevin Richardson
Sep 22, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Nice use of minimal color linking type of business and logo mark.
Clean and concise. I saw the mass of numbers as a pattern first, then numbers
which I think is a nice subtle finish to bring the whole into focus.

Eugenia
Sep 22, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Love how playful it is. You made the idea of a boring business into a fun one. It is a logo that evolves from simplicity to certain complexity—numbers—as you continue to look. Nice job Rob!

Sheri Hawkins
Sep 23, 2009 at 2:58 am

Attorneys and accountants typically have the most uninteresting logos. This to me represents a more contemporary company that I would enjoy working with.

David L.
Sep 23, 2009 at 5:53 am

My first thougts: The complexity of number crunching is all under control by S , very nice. . .

It’s great when someone says a lot without saying much at all.

Roberto Blake
Sep 23, 2009 at 9:04 am

I feel this is a great and very well thought out logo design, very well done, nice color and fonts.

MrSunnyZ
Sep 24, 2009 at 7:17 am

Well done! I like the contrast of S and numbers, in terms of size (big/small) and meaning (chaos/order).

Frank
Sep 24, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Boring

Dmitry
Aug 11, 2010 at 2:59 am

Idea was stolen from habrahabr….