2009-09-17 | Super Bomb Labs

Super Bomb Labs needed an identity for their start-up interactive consultancy based in the US. The symbol incorporates both the ‘labs’ and ‘bomb’ aspect of the name. The mark is bold, simple and clear and is playful, to reflect the young company.”

Credits: Dean Hudson

13 Comments to “2009-09-17 | Super Bomb Labs”

EJSchultz
Sep 18, 2009 at 1:49 am

I kinda like it – not so sure about the colors so much – but good execution for the bomb and lab aspects in the mark.

Rachel
Sep 18, 2009 at 1:56 am

I love it. I do feel it needs to be simplified a little bit in order to really be effective as a logo, but the concept and the execution are really good. Very creative.

Chris Siegle
Sep 18, 2009 at 2:55 am

I like this one a lot, nice incorporation of the two elements without having to force the idea. I actually like the colors, the weird, almost nuclear green is iconic to me when it comes to unstable concoctions that are being made in test tubes. I think its simple enough as it is, but it could afford to lose the small highlights without losing anything important, if it needed to be simplified.

AG Designworks
Sep 18, 2009 at 3:31 am

I love it…logos that cleverly combine two very different elements always make me smile. Nice work.

MrSunnyZ
Sep 18, 2009 at 11:06 am

Always love this kind of smart integration. Font is also a good match.

Michael
Sep 18, 2009 at 12:01 pm

I think its the bomb!

Abounding Media
Sep 18, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Really nice concept, but I agree that the colors are what’s lacking. I think something a little more bold could have put it over the top.

Jamie
Sep 18, 2009 at 10:46 pm

hey, I remember this logo. ;) It was actually designed on one of the crowdsourcing design sites.

I loved the logo when I first saw it, and still love it now that I see it again. :) Great concept & illustration. I’m a fan of the colors too, although the green in the font doesn’t read quite as well (but it looks great in the illustration!)

speero
Sep 19, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Like the bomb, but not the typography. The colors are nice!

Sikes
Sep 30, 2009 at 2:02 am

Me encanta como salio del tubo de ensayo la bomba. Muy bien logrado. Congratulations!

20 Best Inspiring Logos « Powerusers
Oct 14, 2009 at 3:57 pm

[...] 14. Super Bomb Labs [...]

Antony
Oct 20, 2009 at 1:25 am

I love it.

I love the idea.

I think it’s brilliant.

It’s exactly everything that it says it is and that’s the whole point.

[...] 28. Super Bomb Lambs [...]