2009-08-27 | Tap Project New Orleans

Credits: Zohrab Gevorkian

19 Comments to “2009-08-27 | Tap Project New Orleans”

Marc
Aug 28, 2009 at 2:42 pm

A beautiful design, very elegant and authentic. My compliments!

EJSchultz
Aug 28, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Probably one of the best logos I have seen out here in awhile. Nicely done!

Aslam A Memon
Aug 28, 2009 at 4:24 pm

a real neat… great logo

JT
Aug 28, 2009 at 11:35 pm

It’s spelled “Fleur De Li”.

Twitted by brandonacox
Aug 29, 2009 at 2:17 am

[...] This post was Twitted by brandonacox [...]

Brian Cassidy
Aug 29, 2009 at 2:57 am

I really like this logo. It is very simple and effective. I like how it conveys the companies mission while tying into the history of New Orleans. I agree with EJSchultz, I haven’t commented on this site in months but this logo brought me back. haha. Best one I’ve seen on here in a while.

Jacob Cass
Aug 29, 2009 at 11:28 am

Thanks JT, fixed it up.

Adem ILTER
Sep 1, 2009 at 1:27 am

work the oracle.

Azhaan Shah
Sep 2, 2009 at 3:01 pm

well the logo is gud but i am sure its the ripoff from here
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-7790695-fleur-de-lys.php (1st row 4th design)

only the bottom is part is tweaked rest of the logo is same as the in the image (1st row 4th design)

Plz check it may be i m wrong.

Adem ILTER
Sep 3, 2009 at 5:00 pm

I do not trust this site anymore.

Mike
Sep 4, 2009 at 12:39 am

Azhaan Shah, that is called a Fleur De Li its a French symbol of a stylized lily flower and has been widely used as a decorative symbol in many applications for a very long time.
As far as this logo being called a “ripoff”, I would have to disagree. The symbol is not only an important symbol for New Orleans (as stated in the logo’s description) but the designer has also tweaked this commonly used symbol so nicely to represent water that it becomes a nice evolution of the commonly used Fleur De Li rather than a “ripoff”.

Kevin Burr
Sep 4, 2009 at 3:34 am

This is a beautiful take on the fleur de lis. I agree it looks similar to the istock image, but to me this is a unique, refreshing and original concept. Great job!

Roberto Blake
Sep 4, 2009 at 4:56 am

I really do like this, and I think its super effective, though it does remind me of the Boy Scouts of America logo. Nice work

nazuka
Sep 5, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I like this logo… elegant but simply, even this logo remind me to one of logo in Boy Scout…

nazuka
Sep 6, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Good Job…!

Logo Inspiration
Sep 16, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Really nice logo, top job..

[...] Tap Project New Orleans “Tap Project required that we align ourselves with the existing brand and create a logo for New Orleans Tap Project. This logo is a juxtaposition of the Fleur De Li, a symbol of New Orleans, and water droplets that allow children to have drinking water.” [...]

Zohrab
Nov 3, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Thanks Everyone.
I decided to google my name today and this popped up.
I was really pleased to see that the logo
was well received. thanks.

Mike you are correct.
The logo is a marriage between multiple visual communications (as are all logos).
the client wanted a logo specific to New Orleans, which is why the Fleur De Li was used. The water droplets are a little obvious since this campaign is used to provide children with clean water.

Kit Peverley
Nov 4, 2010 at 9:19 am

Its a great design and a very playful take on what is typically a very austere design. For me this fits in perfectly with the New Orleans way of life. Good job.