2009-07-31 | Bee Line

Beeline is the trademark of the second largest cell-phone operator in the Russian Federation, VimpelCom.

Credits: Bee Line GSM company

11 Comments to “2009-07-31 | Bee Line”

Chris
Jul 31, 2009 at 1:03 pm

meh. I get it, I’m just not impressed. reminds me a lot of the AT&T deathstar and since it’s a phone company, that’s not far off I suppose.
In BW, would this just have the black lines and negative space for the yellow?

Itsmebrady00
Jul 31, 2009 at 3:33 pm

MY SAME EXACT IMPRESSION… AT&T, and in black and white, it’s over. Don’t feel this is original enough. And you could be much more creative with the integration of bee and line. When I think line, I don’t think form, which is what you’ve interpreted it as in a circle.

K.
Jul 31, 2009 at 8:44 pm

I quite like this logo!

Jul 31, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Saying this is a bad design would be a lie. It looks good and it has the merit to be clear.

Saying that it is original would also be a lie. It is quite unimaginative and gives a strange “déjà-vu” impression.

Basically, I can’t really criticise it, but I have nothing to praise either. I guess it means a 3

Mark Tyson
Aug 5, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Beeline = Waspsphere

Roberto Blake
Aug 7, 2009 at 6:05 am

Its not a “bad” logo design, but its not very engaging. It has elements that are very much “technically correct” but on an emotional level its lacking. Its not very strong in a branding sense, its not particularly memorable or unique in any way.

Font its nice, clean and suites the name, its scalable, though I will say if a graphical logo is going to use gradients in anyway it should justify it by being a very unique and impressive element, and this falls a bit short. Maybe a re-design is in order.

Garrett Fidalgo
Aug 29, 2009 at 12:47 pm

This looks like a total compromise. Poor designer.

mrgeos
Sep 5, 2009 at 6:39 pm

)) this logo was made by Wolff Olins agency.
Also this guys did a logo for another Russian cell-phone operator — MTS (www.mts.ru) and a scandalous London 2012 Olympics logo

Timur Zhabbarov
Sep 19, 2009 at 5:30 pm

I would say that this logo, this brand and its guideline is originally created to simplify the process of promo-material branding. And it suites this purposes more than just well.

Nowadays, Beeline brand has acquired one of the largest rate of brand-awareness in Moscow and in Russia as well. And that’s not just et praeterea nihil.

Marcel
Oct 27, 2009 at 2:00 am

This is a nice logo, even if its only a point, i directly looked at it like a Bee! Congrats.

Sunil Sharma
Apr 14, 2013 at 12:41 am

This is really creative logo and present the words of BeeLine (Bee icon and Lines on it) in a true way.it totally depends upon the visualization of a designer but i think circle above the BEELINE should be little bit oval in shape.Any way still it is unique and creative.