2009-07-30 | Water Empire

Tags: ,

The new logo for Water Empire, a brand producing drinking and mineral water, is meant to emphasize the company’s stability and its serious attitude while continuing the relation to water established in the name. Bringing together a truly elegant font and a transparent three-dimensional image coming from nature itself, we underlined the high quality of the product.

Credits: Orange Label

16 Comments to “2009-07-30 | Water Empire”

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:11 am

that water splatter is nice, it looks a lot like a crown.

I also like the font. very aquatic an smooth but at the same time, it commends the respect an emperor would expect.

I really can’t think of any criticism for this one!

Robyn Durst
Jul 31, 2009 at 12:35 am

I didn’t see the crown in the water splash until a second glance; it’s a good use of hidden meaning. But bevels and gradients…not really my cup of tea. I love the font; as DChcuk says it is remniscent of flowing water without being unreadable.

Tpain
Jul 31, 2009 at 1:10 am

I think this logo is awesome. I don’t find anything wrong with the gradients or bevels, without them, this logo wouldn’t have nearly the same effect, and would appear very flat – especially when transfered to black and white. Typeface is great too!

Abdus Salam
Jul 31, 2009 at 1:31 am

Hmmm…the font is quite nice….but the gradients and gloss looks good only on the blue background…What if the background color is changed…It might not be that much prominent.

Rachel
Jul 31, 2009 at 1:55 am

I agree with Tpain, I think this would translate very well into black and white, while this color version pops. Excellent!

Charlene
Jul 31, 2009 at 2:46 am

Perfect! Love it!

Brandi
Jul 31, 2009 at 4:08 am

That’s really great! Amazing concept

MrSunnyZ
Jul 31, 2009 at 5:27 am

Absolutely brilliant idea! I don’t see the gradient being a big problem. I tried and it still looked good in black/white. Just think the base of the crown and the shadow could be simplified a bit – turn the shadow into a circle of ripple?

@Abdus Salam – Not only does it look good on blue, see this – http://www.logomoose.com/logo-design/water-empire/

KrazyCeltic
Jul 31, 2009 at 7:36 am

The colors and gradient are extremely pleasing to the eye.

MichelleB
Jul 31, 2009 at 10:35 am

I really like this logo. It’s symbolic without being obvious.
The kerning on “water’ is off though. There is a gaping hole between the ‘t’ and ‘e’. Attention to detail is key.

Chris
Jul 31, 2009 at 10:53 am

I also like this one. I agree with Michelle, bit of a kerning issue. This font looks a lot like Diavlo, but I don’t think it is?
Would be nice to see a BW version. Is it really going to work across everything?
The crown made out of the splash also looks like a repeated W to me. You can also get an E on it’s side. I like it when the more you look at something, the more you get out of it.

Itsmebrady00
Jul 31, 2009 at 3:31 pm

one word… sexylicious. i’d buy it, invest in it, sell it, and be a billionaire!

Paul
Aug 1, 2009 at 5:31 am

Nice font here. I love the font and the water splash. Just wondering how this is going to work on a different color background, say white?

Roberto Blake
Aug 7, 2009 at 5:41 am

Despite my tendency to lean away from gradients in logo designs, (though more and more clients are impressed with shiny gradients now instead of clean crisp clear fonts and arrangement…) I have to say that I really enjoy this particular logo design.

There is an element of the emotion invoked by a design that can’t be ignored. While there are things about this design that others have rightfully pointed out may not be technically correct, I have to say that the design gives me a “positive feeling” and I think that is sometimes truthfully more important.

Entire brands have been built around consumers abilities to connect with their logo’s, names, slogans, or ads on a personal level. The academics behind the design become immaterial at that point. Well done!

Felipe