2009-07-26 | Wine Thief

Tags: , , , ,

Wine Theif.co.uk – “at these prices, it’s a steal”

Credits: Cre@tive Design Advertising

24 Comments to “2009-07-26 | Wine Thief”

Aslam A Memon
Jul 27, 2009 at 12:21 am

when i see this as a logo the only thing comes to my mind is ‘where is the text?’ as i couldnt get it until i read its name, then a saw the website where i can see the text
for its an ok ok logo

Eduardo Fonseca
Jul 27, 2009 at 12:55 am

Well, I agree with Aslam. It’s a nice and a little bit criative logo, but logos have to tell us their messages without the need to stop and make a understanding/reflection with what they mean. They have to tell for themselves. I could realize the cups of wine but I couldn’t get the thief’s mask at first… Then I read the title and got it.

aldur
Jul 27, 2009 at 1:07 am

a greath iea, but as said above: the text is missing and for b/w its useless

wendy
Jul 27, 2009 at 2:31 am

I love it! Very clever and I disagree with it needing the text as I am sure a title/ supporting material will back it up depending on how it is used.

pixcell
Jul 27, 2009 at 3:39 am

what a fine idea! and what a lousy implementation!

monica daher
Jul 27, 2009 at 4:14 am

Agree with Eduardo, instead of a mask i thought it was a bra… :|

Jesse Pinho
Jul 27, 2009 at 4:24 am

I definitely like the concept, but there are a number of ways in which the logo could be better. First, the tilt of the two wine glasses may be necessary to form the mask, but it doesn’t do the logo any favors as a whole. Second, the “glossy” look instantly makes the logo (and the website) look cheap. I would like to see it de-glossed, and with some matching type below it.

Marnie B
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:22 am

Very creative and I love the idea, but I think it needs to be refined… and lose the glossy look.

Nasami
Jul 27, 2009 at 2:51 pm

good idea, i like it! i agree too no need text, i think the logo talk for itself.

Graham
Jul 27, 2009 at 5:24 pm

I like it – very nice. As the others said the missing text is a bit of a downer.

Roberto Blake
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:19 pm

I love this logo, I would love to see it with text but it does stand fairly well on its own. I love the visual balance, the positive and negative space, and the concept in general. I’m not usually a fan of the “Web 2.0″ style of logos but this one has more than won me over. Very well done, wonderful logo.

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:10 am

I’m not really sure how text would help this logo. Sure you’d immediatly know what it represent, but would it clash with the artistic style?

Right now this logo is playful and colorful. if you go with a font representing this, are you emphasizing your point or ruining the commercial value of the logo? If you go with a more classic font, are you doing it a favor by going against the general concept just to stamp the name there?

For their customers, the logo must be recognizable and easy to remember. On business cards, you can have the contact name preceded by “Wine Thief” so you can present your staffs as such.

All in all, this logo (in my humble opinion) is working just fine as it is. I’d get rid of the gloss part too, but this is just nitpicking.

Tpain
Jul 28, 2009 at 12:31 am

The colors look great, and it’s basic and straight to the point. Good idea!

Itsmebrady00
Jul 30, 2009 at 2:23 am

looks like clipart…

Habs
Jul 30, 2009 at 3:00 am

love the concept very very nice! my only objection is that it looks like a website button, perhaps the green square.

thephotoshopper
Jul 30, 2009 at 3:42 pm

1. a very nice idea!!
2. you could add “wine” under one glass and “thief” under the other.
3. how about some wine splashing out of the glass since they are touching/hitting each other (cheers!)
4. personally i would go without the green box, and along with a red thief mask.. red wine is most easily identified. :)
5. no, it doesnt look like a bra at first sight. :P

Sambo
Aug 4, 2009 at 3:02 am

I think the logo is a really cool one – it catches a person’s attention sufficiently without the need for text. When you click through to the site and see the wording together with the explanation it all comes together really well.
But more than that, I tried some of the wine from this site last month and it is absolutely incredible value for money. Anyone living in the UK should definitely try it out!

Rebekah
Aug 4, 2009 at 7:46 am

I have a couple of things to say, firstly I designed this logo and I was really surprised but happy to see it here. Secondly, thanks for all the positive comments. Thirdly just to be clear – the logo was never suppose to have a Web 2.0 sheen on it mainly because I’m not a fan but the web dude who built the site had other ideas. Thanks for the nice comments.

Naomi
Aug 4, 2009 at 6:32 pm

I love it – it is quirky and very clever. The lovely thing about it is the little kick you get when you ‘get it’.

Carolin
Aug 4, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Fabby logo – like the mask for its duality – both as that of the thief but also of carnival which again brings to mind the drinking wine.

Otaku Famitsu
Aug 5, 2009 at 7:28 am

This one is destined for logo heaven, if you ask me. Kudos to Rebekah.

Maff the Logo Designer
Sep 4, 2009 at 4:13 am

Great concept, as soon as I read Wine Thief it all made sense.

19 smarta logos | ZtrixQ.se