2009-07-24 | 365 Design

“365 Design is a branding company, offering logo, web, print, and e-marketing services. 365 Design aims to create a cohesive brand presence for each of its clients across all platforms of design. It is a company which strives to adapt and evolve with new technologies and media.

This logo is under consideration to be the new brand identity for the company. Over the past two years the logo has changed several times as direction for the company has shifted. Now that direction for the future of the company is clear a new identity is needed.

The “365″ mark is customized to reflect the look of a bar code, a metaphor to the companies focus as a branding company. The minimalist mark is meant to be abstract enough to draw attention, then by using subtle hints of horizontal strokes the viewer is able to make the connection between the strokes. This effectively engages the viewer with the brand and its mission making it memorable.”

Credits: Jonathan Mueller

11 Comments to “2009-07-24 | 365 Design”

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:54 am

I didn’t really saw that bar code thing they were talking about.

At first I thought it was some hip clothing company using a military dog-tag type of logo. and I liked it as that.

I’m not sure this fits the description thou…

All in all I like its artistic value, but I’m not sure it is adapted for the needs it has to fill in

thephotoshopper
Jul 25, 2009 at 12:56 am

Thumbs down. The text reads as 3GS at the first look, and you really dont see anything like a barcode in the image. :(

Lee Mason
Jul 25, 2009 at 1:16 am

For a branding company offering logo design, that is one poorly designed logo. It really does read as 3GS to me and could easily be any number of letter and number combinations. It actually looks more like someone found a font they liked and just used it. Sorry.

Joel Lumsden
Jul 25, 2009 at 1:21 am

Yep, have to agree it reads as 3GS. Doesn’t really hit the mark for me I’m afraid, odd typography.

EJSchultz
Jul 25, 2009 at 2:18 am

I did see the 365 before the 3GS – that said I am not too hip on the colors or the execution as outlined in the explanation. Having done my time in grocery stores, I don’t see the bar code; probably because bar codes are not stacked, they are horizontal. Better luck in the subsequent drafts.

Harprabhjot Paul Chandhoke
Jul 25, 2009 at 3:16 am

In the first look, it seems OK. But later you see 3GS. For a design company to use a logo that is not clear, doesn’t seem to come off as well. Neither the barcode look comes off anywhere. However, its not too bad either.

Allegro
Jul 25, 2009 at 5:03 am

I can only reiterate what everyone else has already said. I did have to look twice to see what it said, so that part of the design’s purpose was successful. And I did see ‘365′ first. But then I saw ‘3GS’ right after. I perceived it also being a clothing store, then something to do with cell phones, and then read the branding info… The one that fits most would be for a clothing store.

I REALLY don’t like the color. It hurts to stare at it.

B-Ray
Jul 25, 2009 at 5:46 am

I agree. It is a little hard to make out the barcode, but I like the creativity…

Raimy
Jul 25, 2009 at 8:18 am

I thought it was “366″.

Roberto Blake
Jul 26, 2009 at 10:42 am

I have to say that I think this needs to be revisited. Its not very clear, and its not that visually pleasing.

ordinary guy