2009-07-22 | Blessed Earth

Blessed Earth: Branding for an organization that teaches the Christian responsibility towards our planet. See in other uses here.

Credits: James Donaldson

8 Comments to “2009-07-22 | Blessed Earth”

rey
Jul 22, 2009 at 7:13 pm

nice,will take a while for people to recognize it though( without logotype) or at least until the brand is established. but very nice nonetheless!

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:05 am

I instantly saw the “cross – Wisemen’s star” in the center of the leaves.

Even then, this logo is subtle for a religious one. I appreciate that. Often, you see really obnoxious designs when it comes to religion.

I approve!

tpain
Jul 23, 2009 at 12:59 am

Right off the bat, you can see the cross in the centre, and the leaves just help emphasis that cross by being in the cross shape also. Great concept!

Thomas Moore
Jul 23, 2009 at 1:02 am

Great work, it illustrates the converging ideals very well.

Itsmebrady00
Jul 23, 2009 at 1:16 am

Definitely effective and meaningful. The only criticism I have is concerning the shaded green on the horizontal leaves. Is there a reason its diagonal and not parallel with the center of the leaves? I havent decided if it works or not.

Regardless, I love the logo.

thephotoshopper
Jul 25, 2009 at 12:58 am

too good!! very beautiful as a design. and should work as a logo. a very nice concept of putting the cross/star in the center. will keep it in mind. :)

Rachel
Jul 29, 2009 at 5:29 am

Very good! The only thing I would worry is that if it is scaled down, the cross will get lost – might be better to be a heavier or larger cross. Great concept, lovely and good symbolism.

Glenna
Jun 27, 2010 at 10:34 am

Very effective. I like the elegant simplicity with which the concept is communicated. Rachael, I think this is one of those logos that could be adapted depending on the size. I’ve worked with several in which elements within the logo are thicker, thinner, possibly more prominently shaded depending on the size without diminishing the effect at all. A smaller logo could have a slightly thicker cross in the center – just enough that it wouldn’t get lost.