2009-07-08 | RipeType

RipeType was established to assist designers find high quality, affordable and free OpenType typefaces. Simple. Use the fonts in any project that you wish.

The orange circle representing a ripe orange – the concept was to keep it simple, and consistent with out site – so many logos are overly complex and ‘trendy’. The type, is custom typography developed to be unique, yet recognisable. Note the details like the flipped i, which we believe is perfectly aligned. The type also features an alternate character (y in type) to showcase the typeface – and the level of completeness that we offer, even n our free typefaces.

Credits: Cameron Sweeney

7 Comments to “2009-07-08 | RipeType”

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:51 am

Nice design, also nice custom typeface. I like how the P in Ripe is cut down. I also noticed the element of continuity from the vertical symetric I in the y, which is all sorts of awesome.

I’m not sure about the orange dot thou. I’m not in love with it. Making the logo “trendy” doesn’t necessarily mean constricting it in a dot…

Still love the custom font. good work!

JDMdesigner
Jul 8, 2009 at 1:05 am

I like this logo! Good typography and also the mark is simple like you had planned! Also the type does feel kind of organic which works well with the name. Good job!

August West
Jul 8, 2009 at 3:26 am

DChuck,

I don’t think the artist intended for the logo to be trendy. If fact, I understood the very opposite; that he didn’t want an overly complex and trendy logo as is too often the case nowadays.

As for the logo itself, fantastic in my opinion. Simple yet striking. Maybe it’s just me, but the juxtaposition of the text inside the “orange” just screams “ripeness”. Well done.

thephotoshopper
Jul 8, 2009 at 3:42 am

even the two p’s are different. :P
looks very good!!

Cameron Sweeney
Jul 8, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Hey,

I just wanted to say a quick thanks for the feedback – it’s a nice feeling to hear positive opinions.

Cheers,
Cam

Michel Cabelho
Jul 9, 2009 at 8:13 am

Nice Work Cameron! It looks good and the typeface is great!

Tareq
Jul 10, 2009 at 11:05 am

love it, clean and easy, is there a chnace to know the used font.